VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi everyone.
    Should somebodody help me with changing region code in Sony DVP-SR310P ? I can't find hacks... And my kids can't see movies from Europe.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dvd players made by Sony are impossible to make region free.
    you could try copying the discs using dvdfab, that will make them region free but you'd have to deal
    with the NTSC - PAL issue.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you have more than a few discs, it would probably be worthwhile to get an Android Box for less than $50. Then rip your DVDs and play them off a flash or external hard drive. Gets around NTSC/PAL playback issues and it's more convenient and cost effective than having to rip and burn the DVDs to new discs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for fast answer.
    You right , that is good idea, but unfortunatelly I've over 100 dvd's.
    And my wife planning to buy more...
    It's why I am looking for codes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But how, I must ask, will you deal with the PAL issue ?

Making your player region free will still not make them playable on US tv's
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Vedal View Post
    Hi everyone.
    Should somebodody help me with changing region code in Sony DVP-SR310P ? I can't find hacks... And my kids can't see movies from Europe.
    No hacks for that cheap and cheerful model. No hacks for ANY sony model. You've got two separate problems: region code and, as DB83 said, analogue color system (NTSC/PAL), which have to be both dealt with (assuming you got a bog standard north american-bought TV that WILL NOT display anything through its HDMI or analogue ports that is 25 or 50i/p (as European DVDs will wont to be)). Some Philips DVD players do have an NTSC/PAL conversion choice in the setup (though they will remain region 1, unless hacked or "reprogrammed", such as https://www.amazon.ca/Philips-Region-Free-DVD-Player/dp/B004BI6MVS)...
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Vedal View Post
    Thanks for fast answer.
    You right , that is good idea, but unfortunatelly I've over 100 dvd's.
    And my wife planning to buy more...
    It's why I am looking for codes.
    As has been stated, there is no region-free code for your player. If by chance you've seen or heard of your player being region-free it's software and/or software was modified by a technician or company.

Your options are:

As mentioned above, get a player that does internal PAL to NTSC and find a region-free code for it. Note that region-free codes for current DVD players are extremely rare and are usually for non North American versions and subject to change with new revisions of existing models.

Get a pre-modified player. www.220-electronics.com been around a long time and has a good reputation. Make sure to get one that specifies playback on ALL TVs or NTSC to PAL output.

Rip and burn your DVDs to new discs and use a player that does PAL to NTSC conversion

Rip and playback your DVDs on an Android Box or other local media / streaming device.

Note that with Blu-Ray players the first option isn't available at all since all region-free Blu-Ray players are software and/or hardware modified.
    Quote Quote