VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everyone. I got a problem with aegisub, which I use for my job as translator.

I can't get it to highlight the lines which exceed the "characters per line" limit that I set. On the first installation those lines had a red background and were easy to spot, but since I changed PC and reinstalled aegisub, I can only see the problem from the small box on the top right of the editor, which makes the whole thing much less practical.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Because nobody answered you.
    Your software is 3 years old and no more developed. Have you try any other subtitle software, or what is genuine for software you are using that you don't try another?
    In last 3 years there was huge step in some subtitles (creation/modification/translation) software.
    Sorry not answered your question, just curious why still using it.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    The people I work for asked me to use aegisub and I never bothered learning to use another SW. I might try though. I just need it to translate the subs and check the lines are not too long. Which one do you recommend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    it depends on your subtitles format. But long lines depending on character per second, or word per minutes, showing long lines pink to red, that all is for sure in Subtitle edit. It has very much features, Auto translate (very rough translation of course) Advanced tools for timing, Waveform (when generated, you see subtitles here and can shift them or adjust lenght of them according to visualized sound) and much much more.

Bernix
    Quote Quote