VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My board eboard came with the breackout box, no drivers and no instructions. I downloaded the drivers and looked for instrutcions about what programs I could use to capture with it but found none. I tried virtualdub as it is free but the video does not show up. What do I have to do? It also does not have a true composite, it uses svideo. I am also a newcommer to windows 10, and find it hard to find my programs do to there being no start menu. Every time I do a search all the hits I get are about the card and not how to use it. I am hoping to use it with a lossless codec that and edit the footage then encode to .265.
    Thanks
    Last edited by BirdDaddie; 11th Jan 2018 at 22:08.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You forgot to say which Osprey card you bought. Was it the Osprey 260e or some other Osprey card? If it is the 260e did you get the component/composite breakout cable I mentioned in your other thread? You need it to capture composite video with the 260e.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. it is the 260e with the connections
    The manual I downloaded shows to connect it through an Svideo splitter then to two of the component cables, I don't want to be going through Svideo, I want it to be a true composite signal without going through a filter.
    But what programs can I use to capture?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BirdDaddie View Post
    it is the 260e with the connections
    The manual I downloaded shows to connect it through an Svideo splitter then to two of the component cables, I don't want to be going through Svideo, I want it to be a true composite signal without going through a filter.
    This manual? https://www.ospreyvideo.com/images/osprey/datasheets/Osprey_Analog_PCIe_UserGuide.pdf.

There is a picture of the breakout cable at Amazon. If you use "expanded view" to look at the picture, the connections are physically labeled with white letters. It appears that you connect an RCA composite cable to the blue component port on the breakout cable. (You need to use the BNC male to RCA female adapter to connect a standard RCA composite cable to the BNC connector on the breakout cable. Also, see figure 22 in the manual from my link. The blue connector is designated "Composite 1".) The left and right audio connections look like standard RCA female connectors.

But what programs can I use to capture?
    I'm not certain what to suggest for Windows 10, and I don't have the Osprey 260e to test with. I think that the original Virtualdub is incompatible with Windows 10. Try Virtualdub FilterMod instead. JVRaines suggested the Osprey 260e in another LaserDisc capture thread. Maybe you can PM him and request his help with capture software. He wrote that he has an Osprey 260e.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 12th Jan 2018 at 00:47. Reason: punctuation error
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I use AmaRecTV. Doesn't give me audio sync trouble like VirtualDub does.
    An s-video splitter just breaks out the Y and C leads (and their grounds) from the s-video cable. It doesn't normally do any filtering.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I used a DV cam on it's outputs and the problem is with the osprey card because I am getting sound from my camera.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used a DV cam on it's outputs and the problem is with the osprey card because I am getting sound from my camera.
    You also posted this in another thread. A moderator already warned you about creating multiple posts about the same problem. If you keep ignoring them, you may be banned.
    Quote Quote