VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been using Potplayer for a little over five years now and I've always had it set so that I could show/hide the playlist with a single left click of the mouse on the video window. I just put a new computer together (running Windows 10) and decided to install the most recent version of Potplayer, v1.7.7145. If I'm not it full screen, or if I have the playlist on a separate monitor, it still works fine, but if I have the playlist on the same screen as my full screen video window (overlaid on top), I can't get rid of the playlist once I bring it up unless I exit full screen or come up with some other workaround.

To simplify a bit: when I'm in full screen, left-clicking once to show the playlist works fine, but left-clicking once to hide the playlist does not work. The playlist will disappear for a split second and then come right back up.

I've found that if I switch to a different command to show/hide the playlist it works fine. For instance, if I set a double click to show/hide the playlist, it works with no problem. It's just the single click that seems to be buggy. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm thinking of installing an older version of potplayer to see if that works. I can work around this if I can't get it to work, but ideally I'd like to get it working the way it worked on the old computer. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    never heard about one click on the screen to show playlist in potplayer. Only to click on icon (playlist, second from right) in window it is still here, if in fullscreen and you move your mouse down bar appears with timeline and icons. But when in full screen, easiest way to show playlist is to move mouse right and it pop up, when you leave the playlist field, it disappear.
    One problem can be not default skin. Or some recreation of customization. Try initialize Potplayer in preference F5. I know there are several problems with not original skins, like skipping time and similar.
    BTW isn't latest not beta version 1.7.7150?
    Or you can also one click in windowed on middle of right side of screen to show/hide playlist, but easiest is the icon way in windowed, and moving removing mouse to/from right side.
    Didn't noticed any problem in stable version.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 11th Jan 2018 at 16:12. Reason: left-right exchanged
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ah yes, I knew I would leave out some very important information. I am using a different skin. It's an old black skin with Windows Media Player buttons. It used to work fine though. By the way, a single left-click to show/hide the playlist is not the default setting in Potplayer. I set it that way myself.

Maybe I'll give the default skin a try and see if I like it. I'm just kind of attached to the one I've been using for years. I looked around for a new one a couple weeks ago, but I couldn't find anything that was to my liking. The idea of the playlist popping up automatically when I move the mouse cursor over to the right does sound appealing though. I'll have to play around with it and see if I like it.

I did try downgrading to v1.7.5545 but that made no difference. Maybe I'll try an even older version. I tried hitting the update button right before I started this thread but it said I had the latest version. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Thanks for your help, Bernix. I appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Now it reminded me, there is in newest beta, probably in others too some problem with MadVR and Halli and playlist. Where I saw it? Probably thread, but first look at review. It is fresh.

Edit: Here it is

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 11th Jan 2018 at 16:30. Reason: Added link
    Quote Quote  
  5. I figured it out! I went back to the default settings to see if that would fix it, and it did. Then I started customizing the player to my liking, and checked the playlist issue every time I changed something. I found a bit of a weird bug in Potplayer. You can set the single left-click to show/hide the playlist and that will work just fine. What I didn't mention earlier (because I didn't think it was relevant) was that I also like to set the double left-click to toggle full screen. As soon as you set the double click to do this, the single-click playlist toggle stops working. Apparently there is some sort of conflict there. I don't know if this also applies to other possible commands that you can set for the single and double click, but I know these 2 commands set this way are somehow not compatible. I'm glad I've finally got that figured out. It was driving me nuts.

Not only did I figure out my problem, but I discovered the check box for "insert dragged files at the drop point" so you can drop files into a specific spot in the playlist. I was disappointed to find that this function was gone when I originally switched from KM to Potplayer, and I'm very happy to see that it is back.

Thanks again for your help, Bernix. I'm going to report the bug to Daum right now.
    Quote Quote