VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy PlayOn and record Netflix! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 47
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Went to download a video (pressed the DOWNLOAD on the YouTube page) and a box popped up asking for my YouTube Account and password. I entered it but the video didn't download, it keeps saying "Play the video in your browser". I've been using ver 3.8.0.2 with an old version of Firefox for quite a while without any problems.
    Video Download Helper seems to work OK though.
    Just wondering if it's something that is messed up on my system or something caused by a change in protocols on YouTube.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm getting the same thing....hope that it's just a bug and not Youtube making things difficult. It won't work for me with the Any Video Converter either so, I suspect it's a change with YouTube.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Downloaded the latest Freemake Video Downloader and everything's fine
    Quote Quote  
  4. Guys i registered to this site to solve my problem with this program, EricDraven, you say you downloaded new version and everything is fine, but you cant download +3 minute videos and many more downsights, its premium requires 10$, how is everything fine? No forum is talking about this, there is no crack also.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by EricDraven View Post
    Downloaded the latest Freemake Video Downloader and everything's fine
    What Version # is that. I'm not sure but the newer version may not run on Win XP.

    Edit: Sorry, Looks like I have the newest version. I was thinking about another program.
    Last edited by JoeS99; 10th Jan 2018 at 14:35. Reason: clarification
    Quote Quote  
  6. Guys how do you use the program without premium version?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hek View Post
    Guys how do you use the program without premium version?
    There is no premium version as far as I know.
    I replied to your private message also.

    Are we talking about the same program?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes we are, mine has premium version i dont know why. I am gonna reinstall it i think. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Here: https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=500483979820
    I really dont know what to do. I used liked 20 different alternatives and none of them are like Freemake. Maybe you can upload your files? Why mine has premium version?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    hek has the "Premium Pack". It offers higher speed, no Freemake branding, etc.
    I never see any Freemake branding on videos I "Download". Maybe it's something added wheh the video is converted.
    Anyway, I hope a new version fixes the YouTube problem, in the meantime I have a couple alternatives.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I downloaded version 3.8.0 and I have NO problems. No 10 cents or only short videos, everything is working as before.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Guys can you PLEASE upload your C:\Program Files (x86)\Freemake folder? I reinstalled the program like 10 different ways and 10 different times and still it has premium pack.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    I messed mine up, tried to install the latest version. It installed the files then informed me that Microsoft Net 4.5 wasn't supported on my operating system (XP). Now it doesn't run at all. I'll see if I can restore the program files from my backup later.
    If you look at the reviews of the program it states that it is no longer freeware.
    I'm not sure if I saved the Setup file for the old version I use. Bah!!
    Hah, I even left a review some time ago, talking about the update problem.
    Quote Quote  
  14. There are old versions on the internet, i have an old version too, finding an old version is not the problem, it just doesnt work anymore. Only the new version works and it requires premium. But EricDraven says "Downloaded the latest Freemake Video Downloader and everything's fine" and i ask how? EricDraven please can you upload your C:\Program Files (x86)\Freemake folder? There isnt any crack of the program too. And none of the alternatives are good as this program.
    Quote Quote  
  15. There is this forum.pcastuces.com/freemake_video_downloader_free-f5s47379.htm but i dont have french. Anything useful here?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by hek View Post
    Guys i registered to this site to solve my problem with this program, EricDraven, you say you downloaded new version and everything is fine, but you cant download +3 minute videos and many more downsights, its premium requires 10$, how is everything fine? No forum is talking about this, there is no crackalso.
    Originally Posted by hek View Post
    There are old versions on the internet, i have an old version too, finding an old version is not the problem, it just doesnt work anymore. Only the new version works and it requires premium. But EricDraven says "Downloaded the latest Freemake Video Downloader and everything's fine" and i ask how? EricDraven please can you upload your C:\Program Files (x86)\Freemake folder? There isnt any crack of the program too. And none of the alternatives are good as this program.
    Please read Rules of this forum
    its against asking for illegal downloads or cracks
    also better open new thread instead hijacking
    you have better alternatives to Freemake Video Downloader
    Quote Quote  
  17. Dude i didnt asked for any crac-k. I just said there isnt any. Freemake is the best, there isnt any better alternative.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hek View Post
    Dude i didnt asked for any crac-k. I just said there isnt any. Freemake is the best, there isnt any better alternative.
    Freemake is the best? At what?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Downloading youtube videos with links. You can copy paste 4-5 links at the same time, use can limit the down speed etc.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hek View Post
    Downloading youtube videos with links. You can copy paste 4-5 links at the same time, use can limit the down speed etc.
    Thanks for the info never knew that.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    For what it's worth, I still had the original V 3.8.0.2 Setup file.
    Installation didn't go smoothly as it still wanted to install Microsoft Net 4.5, but I canceled that.
    It now says it's Ver 3.8.0.47 , and I need to start it before I am ready to download and set the Connection Options.
    Speed defaults to 4MBps and unlimited # of simultaneous downloads. It won't remember the changes I make the next time I run it.
    It still seems to work as it did with YouTube and I have tried it on other sites by pasting video URLs.
    Remember, I am still running Win XP on this Dell Dimension 8400, a real workhorse.
    Quote Quote  
  22. So it works? Any Branding, 3+ minutes video issues? Can you upload it?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hek View Post
    So it works? Any Branding, 3+ minutes video issues? Can you upload it?
    No branding, I use "Download" so there is no file conversion, I'm guessing the conversion will add branding.
    No time restraints on the video.

    I'll see if I can upload the Setup file, as my Freemake Program folder probably contains some personal info.
    Had to ZIP the .exe for upload.
    Remember I am still using Win XP, not sure what OS you are using.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    I noticed the setup file I uploaded is 1.21 MB when unzipped.
    The previous versions of the program are 13 to 14 MB in size.
    I think the smaller file is an installer that retrieves the files from the website, so there's no guarantee you will get the same version that I downloaded two years ago.
    It does work with the exception of saving the settings I mentioned.
    Quote Quote  
  25. I use W7 and yes just like you said it retrieves the files from the website so its still downloading the premium version.
    "It does work with the exception of saving the settings I mentioned." i didnt understand this part sorry.
    Also can't you upload your folder and just pm to me if you dont want others to download, i dont think you can have personel info in the freemake folder I really need this and searching for it for a week
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hek View Post
    I use W7 and yes just like you said it retrieves the files from the website so its still downloading the premium version.
    "It does work with the exception of saving the settings I mentioned." i didnt understand this part sorry.
    Also can't you upload your folder and just pm to me if you dont want others to download, i dont think you can have personel info in the freemake folder I really need this and searching for it for a week
    It doesn't save the Connection Options, Speed defaults to 4MBps and unlimited # of simultaneous downloads. It won't remember the changes I make the next time I run it.

    No, I can't upload my folder, there is a setting for YouTube accounts and I don't know where the info is stored.
    You need to run the install so that all the settings get added to the registry.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Vermont
    Search Comp PM
    I was also using Freemake for downloading from Youtube & it did stop working on anything over 3 minutes. If you use Firefox install Video Download Helper. Problem Solved!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by JoeS99 View Post
    Originally Posted by hek View Post
    I use W7 and yes just like you said it retrieves the files from the website so its still downloading the premium version.
    "It does work with the exception of saving the settings I mentioned." i didnt understand this part sorry.
    Also can't you upload your folder and just pm to me if you dont want others to download, i dont think you can have personel info in the freemake folder I really need this and searching for it for a week
    It doesn't save the Connection Options, Speed defaults to 4MBps and unlimited # of simultaneous downloads. It won't remember the changes I make the next time I run it.

    No, I can't upload my folder, there is a setting for YouTube accounts and I don't know where the info is stored.
    You need to run the install so that all the settings get added to the registry.
    It installs the newest premium version
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by hek View Post
    It installs the newest premium version
    Did you try Youtube-DLG ?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Originally Posted by hek View Post
    It installs the newest premium version
    Did you try Youtube-DLG ?
    Unfortunately it doesnt show thumbnails. No speed limit, cant add multiple links at the same time etc. Its really not even close to Freemake.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads