VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

Is there quick way on how to find missing lines from a subtitle without watching the whole video ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    i think it is nonsense. You have to watch whole video. Only helper can be open video and subtitles in subtitle edit and generate wave form. Then you have there subtitles shown in this wave. So you can check it visually. But of course you can be mistaken by any sound and noise (not speaking sound)

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 6th Jan 2018 at 14:17. Reason: video and subtitles
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zyck View Post
    Hello,

Is there quick way on how to find missing lines from a subtitle without watching the whole video ?

No is the simple answer. If you happened to have the screen play script of the movie you could cross check but either way it's a slow process.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's a slow process this way, I understand.But how can you make it from this a fast one ?
    I was thinking about something else , the video that I have it's an hardcoded one , subtitles is burned into the video.Videosubfinder scanned that video and it was able to extract 900 images and missed like 100 of them , but I don't know witch of them are missed.The timestamps that I have 90% of the work done by that software.How can I extract the audio and the video between those timestamps ? To invers the situation and to check only the sound and the video between , only the pauses.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can positioned your txt subtitles on top of screen. I supposed hardcoded are at the bottom. Then in potplayer set speed say 2x-5x faster less reliable because some subtitles last for about 1sec. Then when you see subtitles at bottom but not on top, you got the missing subtitles.
    Is it what you meaning?

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes , but even if do this and I tink it will work just fine , I need to follow every frame.
    Extracting the pauses between the subtitles and maybe join the extracted files into a single one and check that it will be easier.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can do this in subtitle edit. In shortcut, when you need press shortcut you assigned to insert new subtitles at video pos. In option/settings/shortcuts
    You can then also modify how long it will be by words per minutes or char per seconds.
    But still create subtitles is long process, I have my own experience.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  8. No , I wanted the times between 1 and 2 , 2 and 3, 3 and 4 and so on.
    Between 1 and 2 is 00:00:47,500 and 00:00:51,164 for exemple.

1.00:00:45,366 -> 00:00:47,499
    2.00:00:51,165 -> 00:00:51,165
    3.00:00:56,132 -> 00:00:56,132
    4.00:01:49,265 -> 00:01:49,265

Or how to cut a video by those timestamps and remain with the rest of the video using ffmpeg ? )
    Last edited by zyck; 7th Jan 2018 at 02:01. Reason: other solution
    Quote Quote