VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all,

I'm new on this forum and I come here to ask your help.
    /!\ I'M A NOOB, I DON'T HAVE A LOT OF KNOWLEDGE /!\

Ok so here is my question. I have two series in mkv:

1) A serie with good audio, good video, but subtitles in another language than mine.
    2) The same serie, but this time only with good subtitles.

So I basically understand how Mkvextract and toolnix work, and I know how to do it manualy with the application. But the problem is that the serie is 720 episodes long, so it's reaaaaaaaaly not possible for me to do it manualy.
    I tried to understand how batch code works, but I reaaaaaaally didn't.

So if you could help me doing it, it would be really nice !

TO SUM UP :

The good serie : GOODSERIE001.mkv => GOODSERIE720.mkv [Vidéo is pist 0; Audio 1; Subtitles 2]
    Bad Serie : BADSERIE001.mkv => BADESERIE720.mkv [Vidéo is pist 0; Audio 1; Subtitles 2]

What I'd like : GOODSERIE (audio + vidéo BUT without subtitles) MUXED with BADSERIE (only the subitles with -300ms delay, by default if possible).

Thank's in advance, and a good weekend to all of you !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    there is jmkvpropedit. It is java based program and it is faster than light. So you can virtually remove bad subtitles from mkv files. I think it works it modified header of file so any reference to bad subtitles doesn't exist. And do you need the subtitles to be a part of mkv or name.mkv and name.srt in same folder is enough? "All players" supports it.

EDIT:Also Mkv cleaver can helps you extract all srt file, if they have same track number. But it takes some time for 720 videos
    Also software players has function subtitle sync so is enough to set it to -300 ms?

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 5th Jan 2018 at 15:26. Reason: EDIT
    Quote Quote  
  3. Code:
    setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion

FOR %%a IN (GOODSERIE*.MKV) DO (
    	set b=%%a
    	mkvmerge -o "output\%%~a" --no-subtitles "%%~a" --no-video --no-audio --no-global-tags --sync 2:-300 "BADSERIE!b:~-7!"
    )
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank's to both of you Bernix & Sneaker!
    Bernix :
    I woud like to have the subtiles IN the mkv file with the delay if possible, but thank you for thé program I will definitely check it and it will help me to extract subtitles in mass for the next time!

Sneaker : Thank's a lot for the batch! I will test it tommorow for sure!

Both of you have a great day!
    Quote Quote