VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread
  1. Hello,

    Is there any solution to this problem ? How to find the missed frames by this program , those short lines and sometimes there are portion bigger of text that he is missing when I run the search ?
    If I want to ocr a movie with runtime of 86 minutes the program is missing over 80 de lines or more from that subtitle.

    Is there another program or a script who even it will take a long time to do it , do this job perfectly ?

    Or how do you guys who use this program find those missing lines quickly ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by zyck View Post
    Hello,

    Is there any solution to this problem ? How to find the missed frames by this program , those short lines and sometimes there are portion bigger of text that he is missing when I run the search ?
    If I want to ocr a movie with runtime of 86 minutes the program is missing over 80 de lines or more from that subtitle.

    Is there another program or a script who even it will take a long time to do it , do this job perfectly ?

    Or how do you guys who use this program find those missing lines quickly ?
    It's true that VideoSubFinder cannot recognize some lines. Usually this happens when a line is followed by a line of similar position and size or something like that, so the second line is not recognized.

    I tried using different values in the settings but nothing worked so I looked at the settings file "general.cfg" in the "settings" folder and tried changing the values there.
    I found out that when changing the value of "vedges_points_line_error" variable to something like 0.20 instead of the default 0.35 then it would find the missing subtitles.

    In summary, in the file "/settings/general.cfg"
    changing
    "vedges_points_line_error = 0.35"
    to
    "vedges_points_line_error = 0.20"
    worked for me

    If 0.20 does not work for you maybe you'll have to lower this value even more.
    But I think it's safe to say that the reason for the missing lines is this variable in the settings file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Nickleon View Post
    Originally Posted by zyck View Post
    Hello,

    Is there any solution to this problem ? How to find the missed frames by this program , those short lines and sometimes there are portion bigger of text that he is missing when I run the search ?
    If I want to ocr a movie with runtime of 86 minutes the program is missing over 80 de lines or more from that subtitle.

    Is there another program or a script who even it will take a long time to do it , do this job perfectly ?

    Or how do you guys who use this program find those missing lines quickly ?
    It's true that VideoSubFinder cannot recognize some lines. Usually this happens when a line is followed by a line of similar position and size or something like that, so the second line is not recognized.

    I tried using different values in the settings but nothing worked so I looked at the settings file "general.cfg" in the "settings" folder and tried changing the values there.
    I found out that when changing the value of "vedges_points_line_error" variable to something like 0.20 instead of the default 0.35 then it would find the missing subtitles.

    In summary, in the file "/settings/general.cfg"
    changing
    "vedges_points_line_error = 0.35"
    to
    "vedges_points_line_error = 0.20"
    worked for me

    If 0.20 does not work for you maybe you'll have to lower this value even more.
    But I think it's safe to say that the reason for the missing lines is this variable in the settings file.
    Ok. I will give it try and let you know if it worked.
    What I'm doing now is finding those missing lines in Subtitle Workshop , I set the playback speed at 300% and check between pauses.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by zyck View Post

    Ok. I will give it try and let you know if it worked.
    What I'm doing now is finding those missing lines in Subtitle Workshop , I set the playback speed at 300% and check between pauses.
    After further testing with some files the 0.10 value gave me the best results.
    Lower values like 0.05 recognized some subs as multiple subs instead of one single sub.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Nickleon View Post
    Originally Posted by zyck View Post

    Ok. I will give it try and let you know if it worked.
    What I'm doing now is finding those missing lines in Subtitle Workshop , I set the playback speed at 300% and check between pauses.
    After further testing with some files the 0.10 value gave me the best results.
    Lower values like 0.05 recognized some subs as multiple subs instead of one single sub.
    For me is not working. Tried 3-4 times with different values and no change.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by zyck View Post
    For me is not working. Tried 3-4 times with different values and no change.
    I see. For my hardsubbed videos changing this variable "vedges_points_line_error" was enough to give me almost perfect results. Maybe the hardsubs in your videos cannot be recognized due to some other variable that has to do with the size or the colors of the text. It would be great to have a manual for these variables but you can try changing the values of the variables in settings file one at a time and see if it fixes the problem.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads