VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have two audio (wav) files.
    And i need to create one audio file (wav) with 5 minutes white noise between them.

How can i do it on code ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Which code?
    Quote Quote  
  3. code is from programming ...

But any other idea how to do it will be good
    Quote Quote  
  4. Programming, OK what language? Fortran? Erlang? Ruby?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry for my answers, but you need to ask your question much more precisely. What software do you want to use? What operating system? Do you only need to do this once, or do you need to automate it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    First, you need to check and make sure that your 3 parts (1st audio, noise, 2nd audio) are all on the same page for samplerate, bitdepth, # channels (and their layout/order). Without these all being the same, you MUST edit + re-encode instead.
    Next, you should NOT just do a binary file concatenate, because each one has headers and timestamped packets/chunks, so you should use a joiner that applies new single header and makes the resulting timestamps contiguous/monotonically ascending.
    Pretty sure ffmpeg can do that with a "concat" command (but beware because there are 2 different things in ffmpeg referred to as concat). Sox might able to do this as well in command line.
    But, 99% of the time, it is easier to just load the 3 clips into an audio editor or DAW, lay them on timeline one after the other, and export.
    In fact, it would take less time to do that than it took to write this reply.

Scott
    Quote Quote