VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I have this 1080p video which has DTS standard and HD master audio only, so I've used Handbrake to generate a 480p copy (for speed) with the same frame-rate and add AC3 audio using the DTS audio as a template. Then I extracted the AC3 using MKVExtract, so now I have an 'audio.AC3' file. I then open MKVToolNix GUI to mux the AC3 file into the original 1080p video, and when I drag and drop the AC3 file this dialog pops up wanting me to choose my intention, but I'm not sure what each of the options mean. See image below:

I'd like to not only know, which I need to choose so no matter what player I use to watch the video (smartTV, Computer or DVD/Blu-ray hardware player) the video and audio sync properly and they use the appropriate audio they're capable of, but also the scenarios that all the other options are for.

TIA.

P.S. Of course anything useful would be highly appreciated.

Happy New Year!
    From high up here above earth, it's obvious our perspective is limited.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Choose the first for adding additional files/tracks (e.g. .ac3) to an existing mkv.

1. option: add to existing file/settings/tab
    2. option: create new file/tab (with only .ac3 audio)
    3. option: create new file/tab for every file you drag&drop (in case you marked multiple files)
    4. option: append, i.e. not add a track but play them in order. E.g. "A.MKV" is 30 minutes and "B.MKV" is also 30 minutes, then you get a 60 minutes file.
    5. option: append but do as if files were originally one file only split on the binary level (only for certain kind of splitted files, e.g. VOB from DVD)
    Quote Quote