VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Happy 2018 ppl,

I was finally able to convince my wife to buy a new TV for our bedroom. The holidays helped with the convincing We purchased the LG OLED55B7A 55''inch, supports 4K and HDR. We have an ultra blu ray player to play HDR, although there isn't that much content yet, we wanted to be ready. The issue now is running the blu ray from our living room, about 70 ft away from our bedroom. I'm shopping on this site since I've bought from them before, https://bzbexpress.com/HDMI-Extenders/ but honestly I'm not sure which to go with. I'm looking for something reliable, rather spend a little more to get a trusted brand.

Anyone here has experience with hdbaset extenders?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Atlona is the bare minimum of acceptable. Prosumer, mostly works, but occasionally needs reboots or fritzes out w frozen image, black, glitch.
    Kramer, Extron, TVOne, Crestron, etc. are industrial grade. Solid. Works for many months, if not years, on end between reboots.
    Don't get Geffen as it doesn't last very long (overheating?), and I would be dubious of any of those other no-name brands (dahua??)
    Expect to pay ~$500-850USD for a pair of Xmit/Rcvr units.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not bad!, if the 10 year warranty is generously honored. Make sure to not skimp on the cat6a/cat7 cabling. Get the best rated stuff you can. Best to be plenum-capable, too.

Scott
    Quote Quote