VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Code:
    SourceVid = AVISource("Capture2.avi")
    Patch1 = ImageSource("RF_AEPatches\Capture1\Capture1_%05d.png,start=6946,end=6947")

return Patch1
    Returns this error:
    Code:
    ---------------------------
    VirtualDub Error
    Avisynth open failure:
    ImageReader: error 'Could not open file' in DevIL library.
    reading file "[path]\RF_AEPatches\Capture1\Capture1_00000.png,start=6946,end=6947"
    DevIL version 166.
    ([file].avs, line 2)
    OK   
    What am I doing wrong? The way I understand the documentation, the 'start' parameter should have it skip the first 6945 numbers when looking for file names, so the absence of 00000.png should be irrelevant.

For context, I've pulled small sequences of frames into After Effects, and then am exporting as PNG sequences either patched up in AE or for editing in Photoshop. I'm then hoping I can use RemapFrames or similar to re-insert the PNGs to the correct place in the AVI. So for this two-frame sequence manually pulling in each PNG probably isn't a bad workaround, but 10-15 frame sequences later on are going to be an absolute pain unless I can get this working.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    Code:
    SourceVid = AVISource("Capture2.avi")
    Patch1 = ImageSource("RF_AEPatches\Capture1\Capture1_%05d.png,start=6946,end=6947")

return Patch1
    Returns this error:
    Code:
    VirtualDub Error
    Avisynth open failure:
    ImageReader: error 'Could not open file' in DevIL library.
    reading file "[path]\RF_AEPatches\Capture1\Capture1_00000.png,start=6946,end=6947"
    DevIL version 166.
    ([file].avs, line 2)
    OK   
    What am I doing wrong? The way I understand the documentation, the 'start' parameter should have it skip the first 6945 numbers when looking for file names, so the absence of 00000.png should be irrelevant.

For context, I've pulled small sequences of frames into After Effects, and then am exporting as PNG sequences either patched up in AE or for editing in Photoshop. I'm then hoping I can use RemapFrames or similar to re-insert the PNGs to the correct place in the AVI. So for this two-frame sequence manually pulling in each PNG probably isn't a bad workaround, but 10-15 frame sequences later on are going to be an absolute pain unless I can get this working.

Check your end quotation mark, it should come after png, not the very end
    Code:
    #ImageSource("RF_AEPatches\Capture1\Capture1_%05d.png,start=6946,end=6947")
    ImageSource("RF_AEPatches\Capture1\Capture1_%05d.png",start=6946,end=6947)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    D'oh!

That's ridiculously obvious now that you've pointed it out.
    Quote Quote