VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I need to merge X small video files (*.avi) to one video file that will contain all of them as one big movie.

I want to do it without opening the video compression in order to make this quick. all the files are with same frame size and bit rate.

How to do it?
    Is it possible at all ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. VirtualDub FilterMode or VirtualDub, use direct stream copy for video and audio
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Also have to be same codec (& probably level & profile) and same framerate (or have timestamps & support vfr), and same color subsampling.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have the same issue but HD clips in different frame rates and different bitrates.I tried FFmpeg but it keeps giving me "error, non monotone timestamps" also I tried sony vegas but gave me a very big file size about 13 GB and all the clips about 1GB, any suggestion?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you can do mkv just use mkvtoolnix and append each clip to the first one. @tensor if their different setting per clip you gonna have to recode with handbrake megui etc first then join.
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dannyboy48888 View Post
    If you can do mkv just use mkvtoolnix and append each clip to the first one. @tensor if their different setting per clip you gonna have to recode with handbrake megui etc first then join.
    Thanks so much! dannyboy48888 for the advise, I will give it a try!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Or you can use container more suitable for such goal - MPEG TS can be good container - even various codecs can be efficiently combined in single file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Or you can use container more suitable for such goal - MPEG TS can be good container - even various codecs can be efficiently combined in single file.
    Thanks a lot, Pandy!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by TeNSoR View Post
    Or you can use container more suitable for such goal - MPEG TS can be good container - even various codecs can be efficiently combined in single file.
    Thanks a lot, Pandy!
    Beware about doing this. Many players cannot handle the resolution changes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by TeNSoR View Post
    Thanks a lot, Pandy!
    Beware about doing this. Many players cannot handle the resolution changes.
    Unfortunately, after I combined it didn't work correctly, so I will try Adobe Premier, Thanks! Jagabo!
    Quote Quote