VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy PlayOn and record Netflix! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Thread
  1. Hello,

    I am new to using MAC with DVDFab. On my windows machine when a disc is inserted it automatically detects it and loads it to DVDFab. Not the case with my mac. I just purchased the same license that i have on my windows machine. I am using the DVD Ripper option and this does not detect or load whats on the DVD when its inserted. The DVD plays on the dvd player and seems to be working just fine. When i copy the Video_TS and audio folder it loads it to DVDfab but once it starts to rip it only does it for about 7 sec then completes as if it was done
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    did you try choosing another title by selecting "choose other titles"
    sounds like it's not selecting the correct movie title.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The other tiles only shows me 2 of them and both are for really shot time ...less than 20 seconds. It seems that its not detecting the main movie. I have tried it with other dvd and i get the same thing or it won't even read or allow me to add any files. the dvd burner works and is able to play dvd. it does work with previous iso movies that i have converted with my windows machine and its able to rip them into mp4. I am using version 100.6.5 of DVDfab
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    do you have pathplayer set to always enabled ?? if yes then try with pathplayer disabled.
    restart dvdfab and retry the disc again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Tried with path player disabled and i get to see the other titles..i can see the one containing the movie, but when i select it and have it rip it get to 7 seconds and says complete. I also tried to rip it on MKV and I get a process fail
    Quote Quote  
  6. after looking at this some more i have found that the DVD preview does not read the dvd. it will not play the preview or display any video. Is there something that i am doing wrong with my super drive? The drive itself plays the dvd with the mac software but the DVDfab software can not read the disk
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    in the upper right hand corner of the dvdfab main screen, click on the arrow and then common settings.
    click on the drives and see if your computer's dvd drive is selected.
    Quote Quote  
  8. yes that option with the arrow is for Windows, but i found it under preferences and yes my drive is selected but still it doesn't work
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sumixxam View Post
    yes that option with the arrow is for Windows, but i found it under preferences and yes my drive is selected but still it doesn't work
    you might post your question in the mac section of the dvdfab forum. the dvdfab staff would better help you there.
    Quote Quote  
  10. How do i move this question to the mac section? or do i need to start another question there?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by sumixxam View Post
    Hello,

    I am new to using MAC with DVDFab. On my windows machine when a disc is inserted it automatically detects it and loads it to DVDFab. Not the case with my mac. I just purchased the same license that i have on my windows machine. I am using the DVD Ripper option and this does not detect or load whats on the DVD when its inserted. The DVD plays on the dvd player and seems to be working just fine. When i copy the Video_TS and audio folder it loads it to DVDfab but once it starts to rip it only does it for about 7 sec then completes as if it was done
    Please insert the disc first and start DVDFAb after your computer recognised the disc. For the protected disc, do not open the folder manually.
    If it happens to some certain disc, please send me the movie name and dvdfab-internal.log. Or you can send the log file to our customer service through dvdfab contact page. https://www.dvdfab.cn/contact.htm
    Thanks!
    Last edited by DVDFab Staff; 11th Jan 2018 at 03:03.
    Quote Quote  
  12. i have sent the log file. This happens to all dvd and it never automatically opens the dvd. I always have to tell it where it is
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by sumixxam View Post
    i have sent the log file. This happens to all dvd and it never automatically opens the dvd. I always have to tell it where it is
    Hi, thanks for your feedback. We will fix this problem next version.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads