VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there,

Happy Holidays and soon to be Happy New Year everyone!!

I'm hoping that someone will be able to suggest a fix or at least a run around to my easySUP problem. I've been using it for years without issues but recently installed RipBot which when run spit out an error by ffprobe.exe that the MSVCP140.DLL is missing. I quickly learned that by re-installing the Microsoft C++ distribute-able fixes the issue and so that's what I did and the software is running perfectly. But now or perhaps this happened before and just didn't know it, the easySUP gave me that very same error by x264.exe. So did some digging again and found out that the 64-bit version of the MSVCP140.dll was missing as well. I put it back and the easySUP does launch and I can even open the srt file within but the problem is that there is no preview. You can see subtitle lines in the bottom window and scroll through them without issue but clicking on a line should display it in the preview window right above it and it does not. Has anyone else experienced this or can suggest what to try? I'm afraid that it might be some compatibility issue with the MS distribute-able creating a situation that if I want the Ripbot to work I'll have to part with easySUP and vice versa. In case someone wants to suggest an alternative then please note that I need to be able convert SRT to a BD SUP.

Thank you in advance,
    Tommy
    Quote Quote  
  2. the problem is that there is no preview
    But does it create the .sup file when pressing "Start"?

Subtitle Edit can (File ->) Export -> Blu-ray sup with a Preview.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for responding videobruger.

Actually, I haven't tried that and guessing it will work but not having the preview which worked before irritates me. Will try though and report back.

"Subtitle Edit can (File ->) Export -> Blu-ray sup with a Preview."

But according to description you can't import text based subtitles into Subtitle Edit and convert to sup.

EDIT: I tried running it and the software is actually shot entirely. When hitting the Start it just gives off a sound like when it's done building the subtitle without even opening the cmd window where you would normally see it processing lines.
    Last edited by tommy2010; 27th Dec 2017 at 19:13. Reason: More info
    Quote Quote  
  4. But according to description you can't import text based subtitles into Subtitle Edit and convert to sup.
    Oh yes it does. Compared to EasySUP it lacks support for some tags in ass subtitles but since you're working with .srt this shouldn't be a problem.

[Attachment 44180 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  5. Huh, thank you for enlightening me. I'll definitely try this out. Btw do you know anything in regards to txt2sup, does it support bluray sup export or just for DVDs? Was about try that one as it somewhat resembles easySUP.

EDIT: Does Subtitle Edit allow for subtitle positioning of any kind at least a x amount of pixels from bottom or top for all lines?

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by tommy2010; 28th Dec 2017 at 12:45.
    Quote Quote  
  6. txt2sup is for DVD. You can convert those with BDSup2Sub to BD sup.

Does Subtitle Edit allow for subtitle positioning of any kind at least a x amount of pixels from bottom
    For .srt you can set a bottom margen.

[Attachment 44190 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  7. Okay, from the screenshot it looks like Subtitle Edit is the perfect alternative. Many Thanks!

Btw I don't suppose you have any experience with Ripbot264's distributed encoding?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Btw I don't suppose you have any experience with Ripbot264's distributed encoding?
    No.

But I could mention that Subtitle Edit can do CLI batch conversion, eg

[Path]SubtitleEdit /convert *.srt Blu-raysup

convert all .srt files in a folder to BD sup
    Quote Quote  
  9. But I could mention that Subtitle Edit can do CLI batch conversion, eg

[Path]SubtitleEdit /convert *.srt Blu-raysup

convert all .srt files in a folder to BD sup

That's good to know. Thanks again for all your help and Happy New Year!!
    Quote Quote