VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear all,

Presently I'm collecting all kinds of portable software and prepare them all so I can place them all at once easily after re-installing Windows. To make those portable applications accessible in the Windows Start Menu I'll make shortcuts and save them in: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I'll prepare two packages with portable apps:
    - The first package is meant for 64bit Windows and the software will be stored into the folders "Program Files Portable (x64)" and "Program Files Portable (x86)". Everything that runs only on 64bit Windows comes into the first folder. The rest comes into the second folder.
    - The second package differs from the first one by containing only the folder "Program Files Portable (x86)"

In the case of VirtualDub FilterMOD it's not 100% clear for me what what is:

[Image
    [Attachment 44122 - Click to enlarge]
    ]

These are the files and folder of VirtualDub FilterMOD. For 32bit Windows I assume you can delete the folder "plugins64" and the files "vdub64.exe", "VeeDub64.exe"and "VeeDub64.vdi". I assume as well you can delete the folder "plugin32" and the files "vdub.exe", "VirtualDub.exe" and "VirtualDub.vdi".

But what about additional 32bit plugins? The majority of those plugins is written for 32bit Windows. Can I use them with FilterMOD 64x and store them in an additional map called "plugins"? (Which is the case by the original VirtualDub)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    - 64-bit VirtualDub cannot use 32-bit plugins.
    - If you delete plugins32, regular VirtualDub 32-bit does not function correctly.
    - You cannot put plugins in different/random folders.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote