VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have several movies with audio on Widows 10 Movie Maker I have not been successful
    trying to bring them into DVD Flicks. Is it possible? Any advice or information is truly apprecated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Lets get the reflexive VH boilerplate response out of the way first:

"DVDflick is abandonware, hasn't been updated in years, is riddled with bugs, AVS2DVD is SO SO SO MUCH BETTER, blah blah blah".

Now, to your question: those of us who still persist in preferring DVDflick can't help you until you provide a more specific description of exactly HOW your videos "can't be brought into it". DVDflick is a persnickety PITA app when it comes to certain video formats and audio tracks that it either rejects outright on import ("no valid audio or video track") or chokes to death on during processing (no project should take more than 100 minutes to encode on any reasonably modern PC: if your project drags on for more than 3 hours with a barely moving progress bar, kill it: trust me, it ain't ever gonna finish).

So, is DVDflick refusing to import the videos at all, claiming there is no valid video track? Or does it import the video but not the audio? Or does it import the clip normally but then drag on interminably trying to encode the audio? Or some other issue, like the depressingly common "Error -53 Failed To Find File" BS?

There are workarounds for most DVDflick issues, many of them more trouble than they're probably worth, but we can't make useful suggestions until you specify which of the variables is tripping you up.
    Quote Quote  
  3. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by orsetto View Post
    So, is DVDflick refusing to import the videos at all, claiming there is no valid video track?
    Actually, it seams that version 1.3.0.9 is more compatible with some file formats than the latest 1.3.1.0.

I used v1.3.0.9 for a long time to create DVD from my Canon MP4 files and when I updated to v1.3.1.0, DVDFlick refused to accept the very same files that the previous version processed without any issues. So, obviously, I downgraded to v1.3.0.9 and everything was fine again.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    Actually, it seams that version 1.3.0.9 is more compatible with some file formats than the latest 1.3.1.0.
    Yes. it does seem that different versions of DVDflick have different response to certain files. Also, they get corrupted or go bad in different ways. I sometimes need to alternate/re-install between 1.3.0.9 and 1.3.0.7 when one or the other decides it simply won't function anymore for inexplicable reasons. Also, there was a bug in the ffmpeg supplied with 1.3.0.7 and later, which slows encoding to an unusable crawl on some PCs. This can be fixed by swapping in a doctored replacement ffmpeg, but links to that specific ffmpeg can be hard to track down now.

DVDflick has its advantages, but is wildly impractical for all but the most stubborn, dedicated eccentrics today. Anyone who hasn't already been using it for years, and knows how to mitigate its (many) issues, should probably pick up AVS2DVD instead: that app is still upgraded by its developer and has an active support group of current users. The AVS2DVD interface is more complicated, but once learned one rarely confronts the type of arcane glitches DVDflick is prone to.
    Quote Quote