VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. How can I get rid of the ghosting effects using MeGUI? The version is 2774. After I analyze the source file, it always shows that the video id hybrid mostly flim and deinterlacing filter is TIVTC. Well I know most of power rangers episodes are shot on 23.97 fps and it needs TIVTC. But still don't get one. I saw some white frames around moving object when rangers fight. Plus I m a noob when it comes to encoding and I m new to MeGUI. Can anyone explain me how to deinterlace using other filters by loading plugins (I dunno how to do it at all)

Here's my 1 min script of mmpr episode. U can see some ghosting effects around White Ranger.
    MMPR_S2_D2_VTS_10_1.avs

Here's my d2v file. IF you are good at doing video projects, use this d2v file and create avs script for me
    mmpr.avs Dunno why i cant upload d2v file. so I change the name of d2v file extension into .avs so after you download it, be sure not to forget about changing it into .d2v
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    A d2v file is an index to a video and is not a video itself. No one can use your d2v file without a copy of "C:\Users\GL62M 7RDX\Desktop\MMPR_S2_D2\VIDEO_TS\MMPR_S2_D2_VTS_10 _1_1.VOB".

Post an edited m2v demuxed video, not a d2v project file.
    Last edited by LMotlow; 23rd Dec 2017 at 10:46.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  3. You probably have a PAL/NTSC conversion with blended fields. You can remove the blending with something like Yadif(mode=1).SRestore().
    Last edited by jagabo; 23rd Dec 2017 at 12:53.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    Post an edited m2v demuxed video, not a d2v project file.
    Can you make script from that m2v file for me?? That is from Shout Factory Set. i didn't expect that video quality will be so dumb. Seeing those ghost effects around motion makes me unsatisfied for the DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Smart Jason View Post
    Can you make script from that m2v file for me??
    Only if you provide an m2v file. Use DgIndex to mark a ~10 second section with moderate motion. Then select File -> Save Project And Demux Video. Upload the resulting m2v file.
    Quote Quote  
  6. MMPR_S2_D2_VTS_10_1_1asw.m2v.demuxed.m2v here is m2v file. plz make script out of it
    Quote Quote  
  7. anyone? jagabo? LMotlow? please anyone help me :'(
    Quote Quote  
  8. That was some pretty sickly video. I didn't think there was away around the negative ghosting but I worked something out that doesn't seem to damage the rest of the video too much.

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("MMPR_S2_D2_VTS_10_1_1asw.m2v.demuxed.d2v", CPU2="ooooxx", Info=3) 
    v1=SeparateFields()
    v2=v1.SelectEvery(2,1,0)
    Overlay(v1,v2,opacity=0.17)
    Weave()
    TFM()
    TDecimate()
    That leaves you with the original 23.976 fps film frames with no ghosting. Before and after:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sample.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	44154

After that you can use whatever noise reduction and other processing you like.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Can you teach me how to do that? please?
    Quote Quote  
  10. After thinking more about how this video got those inverse ghost artifacts it occurred to me: someone ran a sharpen filter on the interlaced video. So the solution is much simpler than my original approach: reverse the sharpening with a blur. So the earlier code can be replaced with:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("MMPR_S2_D2_VTS_10_1_1asw.m2v.demuxed.d2v", CPU2="ooooxx", Info=3) 
    Blur(0.3)
    TFM()
    TDecimate()
    There are many noise reduction filters. If you don't know AviSynth well you should probably go with something like MCTemporalDenoise() which is very powerful but has simple presets. There are some oversharpening halos that can be reduced with dehalo_alpha() and colors could use a little sharpening. So a more complete sequence may look like:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("MMPR_S2_D2_VTS_10_1_1asw.m2v.demuxed.d2v", CPU2="ooooxx", Info=3) # read source, apply DCT ringing filters, retain field order flags
    Blur(0.3) # fix oversharpening ghosts
    TFM().TDecimate() # back to original film frames at 23.976 fps
    DeHalo_alpha(rx=3.0, ry=1.0) # reduce horizontal over-sharpening halos
    MCTemporalDenoise(settings="low") # motion compensated noise reduction
    MergeChroma(aWarpSharp(depth=20)) # sharpen colors
    If you want more or less noise reduction the presets for MCTD are: "very low", "low", "medium", "high", "very high". But keep in mind that you'll lose more detail as you remove more noise.

DeHalo_alapha() can be pretty damaging to the picture, especially at high settings. rx=3 usually isn't too bad but you might leave it out.
    Quote Quote  
  11. To be honest, I m a freaking noob (I learned using MeGUI a few weeks ago) and I know only how to make script using MeGUI which doesn't have the ones you mentioned.
    Also in ur comparison photo, the color changed a bit (from light to dark)
    Honestly jagabo, can u teach me how to make a script? Did u make all by yourself by typing or is there any software that can make script a lot easier? sorry for asking silly questions
    Quote Quote  
  12. I create scripts using NotePad and preview them with VirtualDub. Some people like to use AvsPmod because it has some helper features.

I usually encode the scripts with the x264 command line encoder.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hey help,... I m a freaking noob -__-. gosh!!! I m fine encoding the episode that i mentioned above by using ur script but.... this one is a little bit choppy. Can you edit this one too? please... VTS_01_1.demuxed.m2v please. and I m using MeGUI to encode. It shows that your avs script is wrong when i used ur code. jacabo
    Quote Quote  
  14. You can try something like his for that video

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("VTS_01_1.demuxed.d2v", CPU2="xxxxxx", Info=3) 
    Blur(0.0, 0.23) # fix oversharpening ghosts
    TFM(d2v="VTS_01_1.demuxed.d2v") 
    TDecimate() 
    vInverse() # blur away some residual combing
    MCTemporalDenoise(settings="low") # motion compensated noise reduction
    Instead of using MCTemporalDenoise(settings="low") you could use QTGMC(InputType=1, EZDenoise=2.0, DenoiseMC=true). QTGMC does some edge cleanup that may work out better.

But there are some short special effects shots that are not 23.976 (like the shot of the characters zooming into the sky, 22 to 26 seconds into the clip). An alternate treatment would be to bob it to 59.94 seconds to keep those shots a little smoother.

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("VTS_01_1.demuxed.d2v", CPU2="xxxxxx", Info=3) 
    Blur(0.0, 0.23) # fix oversharpening ghosts
    QTGMC(preset="fast", EZDenoise=2.0, DenoiseMC=true) # bob to 59.94 fps, denoise
    Last edited by jagabo; 7th Jan 2018 at 13:13.
    Quote Quote  
  15. 2222.demuxed.m2v Can you try this one out too? please. I m slowly learning how to encode these kind of disaster.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Try something like:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("2222.demuxed.d2v", CPU2="ooooxx", Info=3) 
    Blur(0.0, 0.15)
    TFM()
    TDecimate()
    Vinverse()
    or

Code:
    Blur(0.0, 0.15)
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    SelectOdd()
    TDecimate()
    or

Code:
    Blur(0.0, 0.15)
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    SRestore(frate=23.976)
    There's still a little bending though (other than the original intentional blending). Follow up with more traditional noise reduction, cleanup, etc.
    Last edited by jagabo; 5th Mar 2018 at 12:09.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Sorry for bothering jagabo... when I try to use ur code "Qtgmc" avspmod says that There is no function named qtgmc and i cannot use that line.... also Vinverse and Mctemporaldenoise too..... So sorry that i m asking u basic and easy questions but Can u tell me the steps to fully install avisynth and its filters so that i can use all of those filters? please jagabo
    Quote Quote  
  18. I expect you already have AviSynth installed. To confirm, create a fresh AVS file named, maybe, Version.avs, and put a single line inside:

Version()

Open that in VDub and you should get a little picture showing the version of AviSynth you installed.

As for the rest, unless it's a built-in filter you have to track it down and then either put it into your plugins folder or use the LoadPlugin or Import commands to add it to your script before actually using the filter. The best way to find them is to go to the AviSynth site and search. All three you mentioned are third-party filters you have to track down.

Vinverse is easy. Always pay attention to the other filters needed to make them work. QTGMC is more difficult. MCTemporalDenoise is perhaps the most difficult of all to get working.

Do some serious reading at that site to learn your way around AviSynth better. If you have questions, always post a complete script and the error message. If asking about a particular video, provide an untouched sample.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Do you have x265 best setting for DVD? cuz I cant seem to find it on anywhere?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Smart Jason View Post
    Do you have x265 best setting for DVD? cuz I cant seem to find it on anywhere?
    That question makes no sense. Are you saying you have an x265 video from which you want to make a DVD? If so, use AvsToDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Geezzz I mean. To rip dvd... Sry my bad... To rip dvd into x265. XD. Also I know its silly but I still cant make Qtgmc work on my pc. If u dun bother, can you zip ur avisynth folder of yours and upload somewhere so that I can download n copy into my pc
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Smart Jason View Post
    Also I know its silly but I still cant make Qtgmc work on my pc.
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    If you have questions, always post a complete script and the error message.
    I can't help with x265 as I've never used it. Why not use a program that has good quality settings to begin with? I use RipBot264 and with it you can export x265. I open working AviSynth scripts in it and export MP4s with h.264 video with AAC audio. There are other such programs as well.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Smart Jason View Post
    no function named qtgmc
    QTGMC does not come with AviSynth. It is a third part filter that you must download and install:

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC

It requires several other third part filters that you must also download and install:

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC#Core_Plugins_and_scripts

Extract the AVSI and dll files to AviSynth's plugins folder and they will be automatically loaded every time AviSynth is used.
    Last edited by jagabo; 17th Apr 2018 at 17:04.
    Quote Quote  
  24. How to use command line encoder
    Quote Quote  
  25. Start a command prompt. Type in commands like:

Code:
    x264 --preset=slow --crf=20 --output "output.mkv" "input.avs"
    Or use a batch file like:

Code:
    start /b /low "x264" x264.exe --preset=slow --crf=20  --output "%~1.mkv" "%~1"
    You can drag/drop an AVS script onto that batch file.
    Quote Quote  
  26. MCTemporalDenoise.v1.4.20.avsi Filter returned invalid response to CACHE_GETCHILD_CACHE_MODE.266624824 (MCTemporalDenoise.v1.4.20.avsi, line 831). It appears when i load mctemporal filter and i cant use it. help me.
    Quote Quote  
  27. If you're using a multithreaded build of 32 bit AviSynth try using a single thread.
    Quote Quote  
  28. geex i m getting dizzy. wheewww pheww, making a script is rlly professional. i cant keep up now
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    on the Ghosting topic... this video that i recorded from free to air few weeks ago is one of the singers 1st songs but the way its broadcasted think its been somewhat interleaved every few frames throughout been trying to fix if for few hours now using mostly StaxRip but any filters i use seems to give me not the most smoothest video still!!.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote