VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Howdy,

I have the 4-disc set of the LotR movies. First two discs are the movie and the second two discs are the bonus stuff. If I put disc 3 in my DVD player, I can select "Play All" and it goes through all the titles in the proper order in one shot. I'd like to rip the various titles off the DVD in that same order and either have them numbered somehow or just combined into one big file.

When I view the DVD, it has 15+ titles on they are numbered all over the place. If I view them in order 0, 1, 2, 3, etc, they are not in the proper order that they would be if you played them on a DVD player. E.g. Title02 is the final credits.

Is there a way to rip one of these discs so everything comes out in the proper order as if playing them from the DVD Player? Or even is there a way I can at least find out what the proper order is and then I can rearrange the files manually on my own?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you can always make notes, while the disc is playing, make a list in order by topic or what ever you want to call them
    so IF you have to do them manually, you can play them and rename them, and know how you want them organized

you might be able to use makemkv, to create single file with each title will be a chapter ? all in the correct order ?

i have only used it a couple of times, and not in quite sometime, so i am out of suggestions
    Quote Quote  
  3. If there's a single menu selection that plays all the videos in order, then there is an IFO that specifies that. Use VOB2MPG in IFO mode, find the right title (probably the longest), and extract it as one big MPG file.
    Quote Quote