VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by hello0 View Post
    I have a question to AviUtl

You can make snow and other effects with that software? Or am I wrong?
    Yes, many effects.

Depends on what you mean by "snow" . Did you mean falling snow ?
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/360967-AviUtl-video-tutorial#post2289907

Tips/tricks, examples in these threads
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/360967-AviUtl-video-tutorial
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/366724-Aviutl-Tips-Tricks-and-Support-thread
    Quote Quote  
  2. not just snow, I want to create Discolights, laserlights, stroboscope lights, but I can not find how to

And I only want to save the effect, so that i can put it into the videoeditor for my video, is this possible?
    Last edited by hello0; 26th Nov 2018 at 16:50.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hello0 View Post
    not just snow, I want to create Discolights, laserlights, stroboscope lights, but I can not find how to

And I only want to save the effect, so that i can put it into the videoeditor for my video, is this possible?

You can export with alpha channel (RGBA) by using the file=> adv. editing AVI (RGBA) .

There are premade effects like "snow" that you see in the link above, but there are particle generators that can be used to make effects too. There are probably hundreds of effects and you can combine them to make others. Sometimes you have to be creative. Some are advanced requiring LUA scripting , and it's not an easy program to use. Most of the users are Japanese (it's a Japanese program) ,but there are a few English users here.

Some of the light effects you might be able to do, to some extent, but it depends what you meant exactly.

But it's not a real 3D program, so if you were looking for volumetric rays, strobe lights , disco lights actually interacting with objects, reflecting , bouncing etc... it's not going to work
    Quote Quote  
  4. ok thanks
    I need fo example a lightsaber effect, or glowing, or flashing colorful lights

I tried to save one effect as you said but it didnīt save it as transparent file
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by hello0 View Post
    I need fo example a lightsaber effect, or glowing, or flashing colorful lights
    You probably can in aviutl, but you have to look for them . I don' t know offhand

I tried to save one effect as you said but it didnīt save it as transparent file
    It does work, but the alpha channel is "straight" instead of "premultiplied". You have to tell your program to interpret the file correctly

If your other program can't do that, you can premultiply the alpha with another program, like ffmpeg or avisynth . I don't think you can do it directly in aviutl, and it's ffmpeg export plugin only exports YUV and RGB, not RGBA

eg.

Code:
    ffmpeg -i INPUT.avi -vf premultiply=inplace=1 -an -c:v png OUTPUT.mov

INPUT.avi is the RGBA export from aviutl, OUTPUT.mov is the video with alpha channel using PNG compression, which worked before in other threads for you
    Quote Quote  
  6. I opened cmd but when I put in the code it says its wrong written
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by hello0 View Post
    I opened cmd but when I put in the code it says its wrong written
    Did you specify the correct paths ? for ffmpeg, and input file, and output file?

Post the error message, it will have clues to what is wrong
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by hello0 View Post
    not just snow, I want to create Discolights, laserlights, stroboscope lights, but I can not find how to

Google "particle generator." Some NLEs have them. Also programs like After Effects.
    Quote Quote