VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So what I want to do is have a brief clip from the movie, then have the menu appear, then have buttons you can click. Basically, just Play and Chapters.

I created the video clip in Vegas 10. All good. So, what I want to happen is to have the "clickable" menu items appear about 20 seconds into the video clip, and have them active until the clip ends. Then the entire menu should loop and repeat the process.

I can't find any tutorials on how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It does not normally work like that. In fact you would soon get bored if you ran a complete introduction.

I guess if you wanted to do that it would take two steps. The first creates a loop with the delayed buttons. A quite straightforward process.

The second is an alteration of the end link of the menu rather than restart at the beginning of the loop. That normally goes to another menu or even plays the main feature (as a time-out) but I guess you could set it to run the menu again.

Except it does not sound like a good idea.

Read the help pages for Menu/delayed cell for more info

http://mediachance.com/dvdlab/Helppro/
    Quote Quote  
  3. I see the delayed cell, which is what I want (or at least what I want for now, I may change my mind later...). So, this may be a stupid question, but I added a new cell and put my rectangles on it that I'm going to use for links, but no matter which of the 2 cells I click on, I only see the very first frame of my motion menu movie. So, how do I know where to position these rectangles? I can't see the frame that will be the first frame they appear on, and there doesn't appear to be any button to "preview" my motion menu.
    Quote Quote  
  4. For example, I've got the rectangle links in the top portion of the screen. They should appear in the menu in the bottom right portion of the screen. But I have no idea if they'll line up, because I can't preview the menu with the links in it.

[Attachment 44076 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it's been a long time since I used this prog and never bothered with motion menus since all menus are generally overkill.

But if you read the help page for motion menus you will see that you should lay your buttons on a blank menu and create the links BEFORE you add the video.
    Quote Quote