VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I would like to purchase a new smart player for my tv.All the models that i have looked at do not give specs about the processor or speed at which it executes commands.Picture quality,sound,number of apps is all the info that is given.I could care less about that stuff as they all seem to have good picture and sound quality to me but my biggest complaint has always been the same issue....speed.If i do a search on the fastest models available i get no real results based on speed.So my question is which model smart player is the absolute fastest money can buy.Can i have one custom built?My goal is to be able to go from power up to netflix or youtube in a few seconds.Does anything like this exist??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by couchtater7 View Post
    My goal is to be able to go from power up to netflix or youtube in a few seconds.Does anything like this exist??
    No.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I agree with jagabo. No DVD playback device exists which is as fast as you want. Even a home theater PC (your only custom-built option) with an NVMe boot drive doesn't seem like it would be as fast as you want for streaming.

I don't think there are any DVD players which include streaming. You would need a UHD Blu-ray player or Blu-ray player in order to both play DVDs and stream video from websites, but they would all be too slow for you. The NVidia Shield TV and streaming media players like a Roku might be slightly faster for streaming, but don't play discs.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by couchtater7 View Post
    I would like to purchase a new smart player for my tv.All the models that i have looked at do not give specs about the processor or speed at which it executes commands.Picture quality,sound,number of apps is all the info that is given.I could care less about that stuff as they all seem to have good picture and sound quality to me but my biggest complaint has always been the same issue....speed.If i do a search on the fastest models available i get no real results based on speed.So my question is which model smart player is the absolute fastest money can buy.Can i have one custom built?My goal is to be able to go from power up to netflix or youtube in a few seconds.Does anything like this exist??
    The bottleneck on streaming is the connection to the service. Popular videos are hosted on the fastest servers, but are still subject to slowdown as multiple users try to connect at the same time. Less popular / obscure videos tend to be slower to load and more likely to stutter or stop as they're allocated less bandwidth.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Most stand alone DVD players are slow, if your looking for speed a roku may be the way to go. My bluray players doe Netflix etc but are clunky speed wise to my roku 3 or even my roku express+
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote