VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I heard it's possible to do by copying time stamps. Or is there any other way?

The problem has got to do with Nvidia Shadowplay and Adobe Premiere.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If there is only minor jitter in the timecodes, you can treat it as CFR and you can use mp4fpsmod to override/set the timecodes without re-encoding

But if it's really variable (in terms of lots of fps fluctuations), you will go out of sync. In that case smart thing to do would be re-encode with CFR.
    Quote Quote  
  3. it basically fluctuates between 59 and 61.

Can you refer me to how do that with mp4fpsmod?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    If there is only minor jitter in the timecodes, you can treat it as CFR and you can use mp4fpsmod to override/set the timecodes without re-encoding

But if it's really variable (in terms of lots of fps fluctuations), you will go out of sync. In that case smart thing to do would be re-encode with CFR.
    it basically fluctuates between 59 and 61.

Quote Quote  
  5. whats wrong with people and always wanting the quick way out - encode and enjoy
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by DunnoNo View Post

It's a command line application . If the desired base frame rate was 60.0

Code:
    mp4fpsmod.exe --fps 0:60/1 "INPUT.mp4" -o "OUTPUT.mp4"
    Alternatively, you should be able to demux to elementary streams , then remux with a constant frame rate . Maybe with mp4box or ffmpeg
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by DunnoNo View Post

Code:
    Alternatively, you should be able to demux to elementary streams , then remux with a constant frame rate . Maybe with mp4box or ffmpeg

demux to elementary streams , then remux with a constant frame rate<<< is that really possible? I was looking to do it but couldn't find it
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by hdfills View Post
    whats wrong with people and always wanting the quick way out - encode and enjoy
    What's wrong with you? You like wasting time? Re encoding takes time and it's not a 5 min thing. Not always anyway
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by DunnoNo View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by DunnoNo View Post

Code:

demux to elementary streams , then remux with a constant frame rate<<< is that really possible? I was looking to do it but couldn't find it

If you don't remux with timecodes, it should be CFR . Timecodes control the display time per frame (speedup, slowdown in sections)

An elementary video stream has no framerate (except sometimes a declared framerate in the header, but it's only 1 framerate, there is no variability)

Sometimes the problem is the muxer. Certain timebases used by the muxer cannot reflect certain framerates as integers so you get rounding up and down, or jitter. Other times there is a mismatch between the timebase in the container vs. bitstream declared timebase and that can cause interpretation as VFR.

Eitherway, for a MP4 stream , mp4fpsmod will work, but demuxing/remuxing without timecodes should work as well
    Quote Quote