VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Among my computers I have one I use strictly for 'Passkey Lite' for ripping. Never used it much till I tried Passkey, I dont like that comp must be 'connected' at startup for passkey, so I installed it on this one. Never had prior problems with it, but after passkey installed, after 1-2 rips, next boot & theres NO cd rom & NO usb's. I get error code 19. All google search results for fixing this do not work. Reinstalled XP, (pu-leeze, no comments!) cdrom worked for that! & it saw the usb ports. 1-2 rips & its happened again. No cdrom or usb. Any thoughts?? The mobo is about 1 year old = Gigabyte AM1M-SH2. I wondered if the psu, (cdrom & usb need 5v), but hdd needs 5v too, but it still works. What gives??

-corne-

Oh, yes, this board does support XP, thats why I bought it.

(edit: new signiture)
    Last edited by cornemuse; 19th Dec 2017 at 09:52. Reason: feng shui
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sounds like the old xp upper and lower filters problem with cd drives. not sure about the missing usb that one's strange. see if something is adding filters. https://www.techsupportall.com/fixed-solved-cd-drive-not-found-not-detect-remove-upper...-lower-filter/
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Make sure that your computer meets the system requirements in order
    To run proper - https://m.dvdfab.cn/passkey-for-dvd?trackID=navmenu
    Also try right clicking on the Passkey icon and try the compatibility mode.
    Last edited by october262; 19th Dec 2017 at 13:42.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Here's a thought. Try booting the computer a few times, while NOT running the flakey, sketchy software, in order to remove one of the most changeable components from the sequence of events?

Always seek to simplify in order to isolate and identify the problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It (pk lite) works initially, then, 2-3 boots later the problem. Nothing changed, only difference is, turned off comp, turned on days/weeks later. This is all its for.

might add, 4 computers on a KVM switch, no problems with other 3, this comp I am using right now is basically identical, same mobo/memory,4 gig, diff brand psu, diff brand cdrom, diff 'generic' re-used cases!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm sorry, I thought you had some interest in attempting to solve your problem. Carry on.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	44085

Lets see, XP 32 check

Pentium uh oh I'm running Athlon

4 gig ram check

a cd/dvd rom check

live inet check

ingles check

DVDFab PKLite requires a Pentium??

I need to buy a new intel based computer to run this? Right, , , ,

(edit: another thing that happened was, that annoying (for me) feature of having usb hubs powered up with computer off gets turned back on, which is a bios setting, it screws up the kvm switch when on)
    Last edited by cornemuse; 21st Dec 2017 at 10:37. Reason: feng shui
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Reinstalled os again & installed PKlite again sameo sameo, dragged out an old (has ide plugs!) computer & installed os & pklite. PK-lite works just fine.

Whats going on??

Anyways, screw the new computer.

Another issue, I know you saw that coming!! I ript "Blood Father" (newer Mel Gibson movie), typically, dvdshrink can load movies after they are ript to hdd, sometimes needing "Fixvts" run first. Not this movie, Fixvts also cannot 'fix' it. (I want the main movie only) As a full rip, have to go through 10-15 minutes of new movie previews before getting to the menu. Some other prog to rip movie only to *.iso <- ISO, not other format/package/container??

-c-
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cornemuse View Post
    Reinstalled os again & installed PKlite again sameo sameo, dragged out an old (has ide plugs!) computer & installed os & pklite. PK-lite works just fine.

Whats going on??

Anyways, screw the new computer.

Another issue, I know you saw that coming!! I ript "Blood Father" (newer Mel Gibson movie), typically, dvdshrink can load movies after they are ript to hdd, sometimes needing "Fixvts" run first. Not this movie, Fixvts also cannot 'fix' it. (I want the main movie only) As a full rip, have to go through 10-15 minutes of new movie previews before getting to the menu. Some other prog to rip movie only to *.iso <- ISO, not other format/package/container??

-c-
    Blood Father is a lions gate release and may have copy protection that PKlite cannot handle.
    try using dvdfab 10 to copy the movie.
    Quote Quote