VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!

I need your help to convert dozen of video from heavy AVC mkv (over 2Gio for ~20min) to light x264 mkv (~400Mo) with chapter, multiple audio track that i want to keep (with the language tag) and convert from AC3/DTS to AAC and multiple subtitles that i want to copy too.

I have tested handbrake but it ignore audio and subtitle in batch...

I'm more or less a noob so don't be too harsh on me ^^

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try ffmpeg in a batch job (Windows) like

Code:
    for %%g in (*.MKV) do ffmpeg -i "%%g" -map 0:v -map 0:a -map 0:s -c:v libx264 -crf 22 -c:a aac -c:s copy "%%~ng_converted.mkv"
    The output size is controlled by -crf 22. A lower value gives you a bigger file (higher bitrate).

You can get ffmpeg HERE
    Last edited by videobruger; 17th Dec 2017 at 05:07.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by levi59 View Post
    I have tested handbrake but it ignore audio and subtitle in batch...
    No it doesn't. If that's what you're seeing then you've done something wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you also need attachments (e.g. fonts) use slightly different:
    Code:
    for %%g in (*.MKV) do ffmpeg -i "%%g" -map 0 -c:v libx264 -crf 22 -c:a aac -c:s copy "%%~ng_converted.mkv"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Firstly thanks for your help.

I have tested the command line and it seem to work well. Only need to find the good value for crf.

For handbrake, i would like to know exactly how you did so i can test and understand my mistake. (i open with "folder (batch scan)", enter my settings for the first video and select "all selection to queue". There will be only the first file with audio and subtitle but the other will be without them.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by levi59 View Post
    For handbrake, i would like to know exactly how you did so i can test and understand my mistake. (i open with "folder (batch scan)", enter my settings for the first video and select "all selection to queue". There will be only the first file with audio and subtitle but the other will be without them.
    Open any file. Then in the audio and subtitle tabs you can find a button for "default" or "selection" behavior (button name is different in last stable/nightly build). There you can set to auto-passthru AAC with AAC fallback and copy of any subtitle track. In both you need to move "[any]" language to the right field and make it match all tracks (if you want to keep all tracks, otherwise just the languages you want to keep).

HandBrake batch behavior changed a bit over time (incl. bugs). Hope you can get it to work ...
    But ffmpeg isn't really harder because you only need the single line posted by videobruger.
    Quote Quote