VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry to bother everyone.

This video contain a fugitive who was flee after accident my brother who is very badly injured.Ran some several surgeries through him too still on hospital suffering painfully.Which I cannot afford myself,Please help me to catch this guy.

Between 0:4-0:7 sec there is a blue car ,only I want to know is Model and the license plate number then I can inform to authority people to arrest this guy.

It means very lot to me.So thank you everyone for your much support and dedication.

p.s
    I'm from Sri Lanka so our license plates are like ex: (KR-2373) , (CAC-2373) LIKE WISE.

https://youtu.be/ROH5MMiDgMw
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Aruna View Post
    Sorry to bother everyone.

This video contain a fugitive who was flee after accident my brother who is very badly injured.Ran some several surgeries through him too still on hospital suffering painfully.Which I cannot afford myself,Please help me to catch this guy.

Between 0:4-0:7 sec there is a blue car ,only I want to know is Model and the license plate number then I can inform to authority people to arrest this guy.

It means very lot to me.So thank you everyone for your much support and dedication.

p.s
    I'm from Sri Lanka so our license plates are like ex: (KR-2373) , (CAC-2373) LIKE WISE.

https://youtu.be/ROH5MMiDgMw
    I tried to zoom it but this is what I could do, maybe somebody here will try better than me, good luck and sorry for your brother
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Plate Number.PNG
Views:	141
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	44030  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Plate Number.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	44031  

Last edited by TeNSoR; 16th Dec 2017 at 09:27.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Youtube reencodes the video, losing detail and creating artifacts. Upload the original video to this site or some file sharing site. zoomed:
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 16th Dec 2017 at 11:49.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try this one please

https://vimeo.com/247683675
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Seems to be the best frame, probably an I-frame, with the plate probably reading 2313 at the bottom. But it could certainly be something slightly different, as none of the other frames are really usable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver Plate.png
Views:	108
Size:	816.7 KB
ID:	44040

I used nnedi3_rpow2(rfactor=4) to get the picture.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    resize it to the proper 1920x1080 and you may be able to tell the make/model. it's squished horizontally. should look more like this.

[Attachment 44041 - Click to enlarge]
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is that really the source video, not reencoded? Every re-encoding loses quality and creates artifacts. The latest upload has severe blocking artifacts from MPEG 4 Part 2 (Xvid/DivX) compression. And why the horizontal squeeze? The result from this video is a tiny bit better.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That last video I was uploaded to you is a crop of 20 sec file of original 10 mins file.
    I suppose that horizental thing happen because of low cam quality.

Please give me 12 hours I will upload you the original 162mb file (10 mins) which I directly got from that cctv footage as soon as I reach home.
    By the way It also a horizental video..

I know you all try your best.Thank you very much for your hard work..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    And why the horizontal squeeze?
    Assuming that this is straight from the camera, it's probably to save bandwidth/storage space by the camera owner.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    And why the horizontal squeeze?
    Assuming that this is straight from the camera, it's probably to save bandwidth/storage space by the camera owner.
    I just wanted to make sure the OP didn't do that himself. Or the person who extracted/converted (?) the original security camera video. And given the video is much sharper horizontally than vertically, and has severe oversharpening halos horizontally, it's likely it was downscaled horizontally at some point. If that happened prior to recording there's nothing that can be done, obviously. But if the original unscaled video was recorded it may be possible to get more detail out of it.
    Last edited by jagabo; 17th Dec 2017 at 22:52.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 44052 - Click to enlarge]
    This is Karmas capped still from above put through a camera distortion program (the iPhones 'SKRWT')
    Llamas are for life , not just for christmas
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I know, that you are in very sad situation. You have my sympathy. But I don't understand some things. Why they do not take as evidence original tape itself? Any manipulation with recording should be their job. If they take as evidence manipulated source (from more or less amateurs), it is weird. Another thing. There is almost clear number of plate. Isn't this enough with color of the car for them (with registration database)?
    But different parts of world, different habits. Of course. Just can't believe they can arrest somebody, that "owned" this car, on manipulated source (as I mentioned earlier its their job). And even more, who knows who is driving? That was last thing.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try this one please this is the original one I took from cctv camera.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  14. The overlapping frames in the full video (post #13) are identical to those in the earlier trimmed video (post #4).
    Quote Quote  
  15. Itīs a Toyota Yaris froma around 2010 or later
    Quote Quote