VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dears, I would like to see on my pc (linux mint), a video from a camera recorder. The video is a .vcr Which video player is doing it? Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Do you have a MediaInfo analysis report? Can you tell us the brand and model of your video recorder? (Why is it not intuitive anymore to provide facts?)

I guess VLC can play many common file types, at least if they are similar to MPEG ProgramStreams (VOB) or TransportStreams (M2TS); but if they are in the proprietary ATI VCR file format, you may need a special player or codec at least.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Danke Ligh.de fuer deine Antwort,
    I will receive today an usb drive with inside the mentioned .vcr file. It is very important to watch it because (perhaps) there is a crime filmed. For this reason I was asking the initial question;
    to be ready for the performance. I hope to be able to watch it with VLC. Otherwise I do not know which software I could use
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Try to ask for brand and model of the recorder. That will probably get us at least half a step forward.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by telegiovi View Post
    (perhaps) there is a crime filmed.
    Security cameras often record in their own proprietary format, which can only be played back (or converted/exported) with their own software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    .vcr may be an ATI MMC MPEG file.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote