VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just purchased a Hauppauge USB Live 2 capture device and I'm looking forward to doing some VHS rips. When I fired up VirtualDub Filtermod to do some test captures, however, I noticed something strange about the way it recognizes the devices. Under the Device drop down menu, there is an option for "Microsoft WDM Image Capture" as well as "Hauppauge CX23100 Video Capture". Oddly enough, I'm able to capture a video signal from my VCR when I select "Microsoft WDM Image Capture", but not when I select the "Hauppauge CX23100 Video Capture". Anyone else experiencing this? The capture was successful, but I can't help but wonder why it only works when I select "Microsoft WDM Image Capture" as opposed to "Hauppauge CX23100 Video Capture". Also, why doesn't it specifically list an option for the USB Live 2? Maybe it's a driver issue, but when I looked on the product support webpage, there weren't any drivers available. Thanks in advance for your help! VHS rules!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    afaik the usb live 2 only records 720x480i mpeg-2. you could use the software that comes with it instead of virtualdub. cx23100 is most likely the hardware encoding chip used inside the usb live 2.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have this unit

I believe the Direct Show capture is only for 32 bit software. I have both - 64 bit vdub no Hauppage Capture but I can with 32 bit vdub.
    Quote Quote