VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or buy Replay Video Capture or PlayON and record Netflix, HBO, etc! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I using very mouch megui with x264 encoding (3pass mkv) and have very nice result with good quality in low space.
    Now i would start using x265 for best result and test.
    With StaxRip I have this problem. I can with my Nvida card make a very fast conversion with H265 encoding (but one pass only) or when I try to use x265 with multiple pass (2 or 3) I have very very slow time.
    So i have and encoding of 6-10 min with discrete quality with nvida h265 encoding (130fps) or a very good encoding with x265 encoding multi pass but very vert slow (5fps).

I would like an intermediate result, something that takes 30-40 minutes and is better than the single 7 minute pass. Possibly exploiting the computing power of the GPU. Why can't use multiple pass with H265 nvidia codec?
    I woul duse for massive reconvert some video.
    Quote Quote  
  2. i have encoded alot with staxrip with both cpu and gpu and for me quality wise the cpu wins hands down , patients is the key
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hdfills View Post
    i have encoded alot with staxrip with both cpu and gpu and for me quality wise the cpu wins hands down , patients is the key
    now you use other to encode?
    And why H265 Cuda don't allow multiple pass?
    Quote Quote