VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

I was going to record a TV show so that I would watch it later and sadly I didn't know that it was on till I started watching it (Someone else in the house told me). Anyhow I saw that you can watch it online and I managed to download the file but I am unable to convert it or watch it with VLC player.

Here's the mediainfo that I got from the file:

General
    Complete name : C:\Users\Daniel\Downloads\Video\War On Waste - Series 1 Ep 4 Turning The Tide - ABC iview.FLV
    Format : Flash Video
    File size : 649 MiB
    Duration : 59 min 48 s
    Overall bit rate : 1 516 kb/s

Video
    Bit rate : 1 322 kb/s
    Width : 1 024 pixels
    Height : 576 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.090
    Stream size : 566 MiB (87%)

Audio
    Bit rate : 128 kb/s
    Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 54.7 MiB (8%)
    Could someone please tell me what I would need to conver it? I tried Free FLV to MP4 Converter and that failed to load the file and I can't play it in vlc.

Thank you
    Quote Quote  

2. . .
    Last edited by sysanin; 4th Dec 2017 at 18:44.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi friend, it has been several day ago. Maybe your problem has been solved already. But I still want to post my idea here.
    You convert your FLV to MP4 with the free video converter? Then that means MP4 still can't be played on VLC. Maybe you can try following steps:

1. Go to VLC on your computer and disable hardware video decoding.
    2. Go to Tools > Preferences on your computer in VLC and check the following settings by turn.
    3. VLC is a free media player available from VideoLAN, which regularly updates program to support more formats so as to provide a better user experience. To solve "VLC Won't Play MP4 video files" issue, you can check whether you are using the latest version of VLC. If not, just update the program by visiting VLC official site for download.
    4. Use other free online converters like KeepVid to convert FLV to MP4. If the problem still exists, try the dedicated one like Cisdem Video Converter to convert FLV to other VLC supported formats.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Tubedigger ($15) downloaded the video no problem. Link to video ( I chose 640x360):
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/61125/au.mp4
    Strange thing is the video initially wouldn't play on Windows 8 vlc. I downloaded mpc-hc and the video played fine on that, then I tried again with vlc and it played fine. I put the video on Android device and it wouldn't play on the stock media player, but it played fine with vlc, although once I got a notice something about hardware acceleration error. Video also played fine on standalone media player and Windows xp vlc. There must be something a little strange about the specification of the video, but I don't know what it is, or how to correct it.
    Last edited by jimdagys; 20th Dec 2017 at 21:04.
    Quote Quote