VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some WMA files to convert to burn audio CDs. Is there a way to also include the WMA files on the discs? I know there are commercially produced audio CDs that include other files, but how can I do that?

Yes, I have searched the 'fine' internet but search engines are stupidly programmed to try and be 'helpful' instead of looking for precisely what the user inputs.
    What part of

audio cd including wma files

means "How do I convert wma files to burn an audio CD?" or any of the pretty much identical results no matter what I enter that includes audio CD and wma in the serarch parameters.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I did several discs like that YEARS ago on a dare(my wife challenged me). I used the old Prassi Ones software and Session At Once(?) if I'm not mistaken.
    I'd bet ImgBurn could to it too, maybe check for a guide on YouTube?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can create a 'Mixed Mode CD' but you are restricted to one data file as well as the normal CD Audio tracks
    Quote Quote  
  4. can't that be done just by burning all files to a DATA CD? i'm not sure but maybe someone else can verify!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BzERK IE View Post
    can't that be done just by burning all files to a DATA CD? i'm not sure but maybe someone else can verify!
    I'd like to have the disc playable in any audio CD player, and have the WMA files that can be copied to a computer, phone etc.
    Quote Quote  
  6. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    You can create a 'Mixed Mode CD' but you are restricted to one data file as well as the normal CD Audio tracks
    I'm pretty sure that you can put several files (not just one) in the data track. Mixed Mode game CDs were very common (I don't know if they still are) and they contained many files besides the audio tracks. Maybe you mean that the CD can only contain one data track and not one data file?

I found this link http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/9142-build-mixed-mode-cd-or-enhanced-possible/. It may be useful.
    Last edited by Keyser; 2nd Dec 2017 at 17:41. Reason: Link added
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Mixed mode is not recommended, for multiple compatibility reasons. Use "Enhanced CD", aka CDPlus or Multi-session disc, with AudioCD tracks on 1st session, and std CDROM on 2nd.
    I have done many of these, some commercially. Pm me if you need...

Also, @db83, you probably meant to say you can put 1 Data TRACK. You can put as many files as will fit on the remainder of the disc, but they are all incorporated into 1 TRACK (as a volume in 1 or more filesystems - iso9660, Joliet, udf, etc) which is the single track in 2nd session of 2 for EnhancedCD, or 1st Track with subsequent audio tracks in single session for Mixed mode.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 2nd Dec 2017 at 19:04.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Scott,

I only 'copied' what I read elsewhere except that the write-up itself could have been inaccurate. But, again, there could be a difference between 'Mixed-mode' and 'Enhanced'

I have several CDs that have both audio tracks (for playback in a standard CD player) and several 'data' tracks which itself led me to believe I was having a 'senior' moment.

As for the OP there really seems to be no benefit to do what he proposes. The CD-Audio tracks are presented as uncompressed. The WMA are compressed. And any PC can play Audio-CD tracks.
    Quote Quote