VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have for the past few hours been baking up my blu-ray collection to ISOs using imgburn2.5.5.0 and dvdfab passkey, when I first did it I opened it in handbrake and all seed to work good.
    but now I tried to open it in vlc and it does nothing unlike with dvd ISOs.
    I doubt that I could extract the files with makemkv and it has been several hours since I first started with two drives.
    Is there a way to do it with a script?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    7zip may be able to extract the files, it certainly works for DVD iso
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use "Virtual Drive" software (something like WinCDEmu or DVDFab Virtual Drive) to mount the ISO. Afterwards (assuming the movie was properly decrypted), VLC should be able to play the movie using Media->Open Disc-> Blu-ray, but you won't be able to use the menus.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Use "Virtual Drive" software (something like WinCDEmu or DVDFab Virtual Drive) to mount the ISO.
    i agree (i use deamon tools) mount to virtual drive... if you saved the ios to harddrive not disc
    Quote Quote  
  5. WinRar v.5.40 is able to extract iso files too
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think mounting iso to drive (extract it) is win 10 native function.
    So no need to copy iso file from bluray to hdd.
    The OP problem is that VLC itself can open ISO, but probably badly burned or not working for bluray. Last chance is try open it as suggested in different program or system.
    Last edited by Bernix; 5th Dec 2017 at 03:27. Reason: typo VLC instead of ISO
    Quote Quote