VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25
FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Not necessarily, many Blu ray discs come encoded with h265. If that's not the case, you would have to encode the h264 remux to h265.
    One more question, how can I overwrite the old metadata after encoding? Mediainfo juxtaposes both the information.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a bundle of sports video that I've been cutting and converting to half speed. The parameters I'm using are:

-c:v libx265 -crf 25 -preset medium -c:a aac -b:a 64k -x265-params "keyint=30:min-keyint=10" -vf "setpts=2*PTS" -af "atempo=0.5"

For several years I was getting output that had a framerate matching the source video (most commonly 59.94 fps) and ever since I updated to Version 3.0.6 I've been getting output at a constant framerate of 25 fps. All of my conversions, regardless of the -crf I've set or the source video framerate - are now coming out with a framerate of 25 fps.

I looked at some videos converted using Version 3.0.2 and they seem to have retained the original framerate. Maybe it's just a bug?

Edit: Looking into it further, the change has occurred concurrent with the writing library "x265 3.5+111" now being "x265 3.5+117", so perhaps that change is affecting the code. I will downgrade to Version 3.0.5 and see if the issue persists.

I uninstalled v3.0.6 and installed v3.0.5 but couldn't get it to run (got a .NET Framework error saying Input string was not in a correct format), so I uninstalled v3.0.5 and installed v3.0.2. I encoded a video and it encoded without changing the framerate.

Hopefully this is just a bug that can get fixed.

Thanks!
    Last edited by tluxon; 27th May 2024 at 15:03. Reason: Added some troubleshooting info
    Quote Quote  
  3. Since the ffmpeg version used is updated frequently,
    can you provide a parameter setting item to skip checking the hash value of ffmpeg?
    Thanks!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I understand, I'll include it for next release.

Originally Posted by pro7 View Post
    Since the ffmpeg version used is updated frequently,
    can you provide a parameter setting item to skip checking the hash value of ffmpeg?
    Thanks!!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Maybe something related to ffmpeg.exe, you can use latest FFmpeg Batch Converter version, replacing ffmpeg.exe with another one without the "bug".

Originally Posted by tluxon View Post
    I have a bundle of sports video that I've been cutting and converting to half speed. The parameters I'm using are:

-c:v libx265 -crf 25 -preset medium -c:a aac -b:a 64k -x265-params "keyint=30:min-keyint=10" -vf "setpts=2*PTS" -af "atempo=0.5"

For several years I was getting output that had a framerate matching the source video (most commonly 59.94 fps) and ever since I updated to Version 3.0.6 I've been getting output at a constant framerate of 25 fps. All of my conversions, regardless of the -crf I've set or the source video framerate - are now coming out with a framerate of 25 fps.

I looked at some videos converted using Version 3.0.2 and they seem to have retained the original framerate. Maybe it's just a bug?

Edit: Looking into it further, the change has occurred concurrent with the writing library "x265 3.5+111" now being "x265 3.5+117", so perhaps that change is affecting the code. I will downgrade to Version 3.0.5 and see if the issue persists.

I uninstalled v3.0.6 and installed v3.0.5 but couldn't get it to run (got a .NET Framework error saying Input string was not in a correct format), so I uninstalled v3.0.5 and installed v3.0.2. I encoded a video and it encoded without changing the framerate.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Maybe something related to ffmpeg.exe, you can use latest FFmpeg Batch Converter version, replacing ffmpeg.exe with another one without the "bug".

Hi Eibol! Yes I am seeing this problem with ffmpeg.exe (I know this is something you cannot control). But would like to share this issue as some may think that FFBatch is responsible. My example is this: I have a TV series in x264 that I'm trying to convert to x265, using my preferred parameters. The process starts at 0.0% and immediately status changes to Error. It moves on to the next file, Error. All the way through the queue. When I look at the log / console, I see the usual processing line that ffmpeg.exe spits out:

"frame= 16 fps= 15 q=35.0 size= 5KiB time=N/A bitrate=N/A speed=N/A"

With no actual error message. It just quits right after it starts. I then try the ffmpeg.exe that is bundled with FFBatch manually (v7.0.1), via the command line. Same result. It just quits after it starts processing, with no error message. I also grabbed the latest/newest ffmpeg.exe (from May 2024), with the same result.

So to test, I have an older ffmpeg.exe that is in my path for easy access when I'm doing things manually. I haven't updated that .exe since April 2022. I run that ffmpeg.exe on this same TV show and it is processing fine, without quitting. For the record, that working version is: "ffmpeg version 5.0.1-essentials_build".

So I have copied that older ffmpeg.exe to my FFMpegBatch program folder, accepted the Trust prompt on launch, and it is processing the queue successfully now.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the thorough report, it is difficult to debug this issues.

If you could provide a sample file causing the problem, I could ensure FFBatch is not causing additional problems with latest ffmpeg 7.0

Also, the parameters you are using.

Originally Posted by lazividehlp View Post
    Originally Posted by Eibol View Post

Hi Eibol! Yes I am seeing this problem with ffmpeg.exe (I know this is something you cannot control). But would like to share this issue as some may think that FFBatch is responsible. My example is this: I have a TV series in x264 that I'm trying to convert to x265, using my preferred parameters. The process starts at 0.0% and immediately status changes to Error. It moves on to the next file, Error. All the way through the queue. When I look at the log / console, I see the usual processing line that ffmpeg.exe spits out:

"frame= 16 fps= 15 q=35.0 size= 5KiB time=N/A bitrate=N/A speed=N/A"

With no actual error message. It just quits right after it starts. I then try the ffmpeg.exe that is bundled with FFBatch manually (v7.0.1), via the command line. Same result. It just quits after it starts processing, with no error message. I also grabbed the latest/newest ffmpeg.exe (from May 2024), with the same result.

So to test, I have an older ffmpeg.exe that is in my path for easy access when I'm doing things manually. I haven't updated that .exe since April 2022. I run that ffmpeg.exe on this same TV show and it is processing fine, without quitting. For the record, that working version is: "ffmpeg version 5.0.1-essentials_build".

So I have copied that older ffmpeg.exe to my FFMpegBatch program folder, accepted the Trust prompt on launch, and it is processing the queue successfully now.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Thanks for the thorough report, it is difficult to debug this issues.

If you could provide a sample file causing the problem, I could ensure FFBatch is not causing additional problems with latest ffmpeg 7.0

Also, the parameters you are using.

OK I have sent you a message with the requested info. Thank you!!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good to know. I thought that kind of an error was possible, but dismissed it due to the vast number of people who use any given version of ffmpeg. Is there some functionality the latest version of FB could lose with an earlier version of ffmpeg?

Edit: I reinstalled v3.0.6 and tried a workaround that worked. I replaced the parameter "setpts=2*PTS" to "setpts=2*PTS,fps=30000/1001" to try to force a 29.97 fps (59.94 fps original) video, which is probably better anyway since I'm halving the speed and otherwise just doubling frames.

- Thanks
    Originally Posted by Eibol View Post

Originally Posted by tluxon View Post

Thanks!
    Last edited by tluxon; 28th May 2024 at 18:34.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hello Thread,

Could Eibol or anyone else give some guidance on the screen capture audio setup? I installed the drivers as directed, but there's still nothing that shows up in the dropdown under "Select Audio Capture Device". I can use the little button on the bottom to select my PC stereo mix, but it doesn't do anything. I've tried using the directshow flags in the README file, but they don't seem to be supported either. Has anyone gotten this to work, and can they give some help, because the existing documentation is pretty bare.

Just trying with the standard preset:
    -r 24 -c:a aac -b:a 128K

BTW, Have to say that I love the program, Eibol. It's been incredibly useful and is fast and efficient. And playing with the presets has taught me a lot about ffmpeg, but its so much more convenient and easy to use FFBatch. Thanks!

Ish

Currently trying on Windows 11, XPS 13 with integrated graphics, but I can try on my video station if it would make a difference.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by ktismael View Post
    Hello Thread,

Could Eibol or anyone else give some guidance on the screen capture audio setup?
    Sorry, I haven't used FFBatch to do screen capture but have you considered OBS? It's made for capture and is also free/open source. It can capture from external sources as well as your displays or application windows, and doesn't take very long to set up.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi lazividehlp,

Thanks! I was actually just starting to look into and it looks like it will work great. I just find FFMPEGBatch so useful I was hoping to find another way to use and avoid more software, especially on my little laptop, but it seems like this is complicated enough, OBS will work and its also Open Source which is great. So thanks for the solution.

i
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    EDIT: Updated url for virtual audio playback capture. https://github.com/rdp/screen-capture-recorder-to-video-windows-free/releases

Hi, actually screen capture feature is pretty basic in FFBatch, just a convenience way for quick simple screen recordings.
    I see that virtual audio driver is not updated since 2020, that's probably the reason it no longer works win latest Windows 10-10.

I agree OBS Studio is best for this purpose, I use it too. Anyway I'll search for a virtual audio driver replacement, just to keep the recording feature being actually useful.

Originally Posted by ktismael View Post
    Hello Thread,

Could Eibol or anyone else give some guidance on the screen capture audio setup? I installed the drivers as directed, but there's still nothing that shows up in the dropdown under "Select Audio Capture Device". I can use the little button on the bottom to select my PC stereo mix, but it doesn't do anything. I've tried using the directshow flags in the README file, but they don't seem to be supported either. Has anyone gotten this to work, and can they give some help, because the existing documentation is pretty bare.

Just trying with the standard preset:
    -r 24 -c:a aac -b:a 128K

BTW, Have to say that I love the program, Eibol. It's been incredibly useful and is fast and efficient. And playing with the presets has taught me a lot about ffmpeg, but its so much more convenient and easy to use FFBatch. Thanks!

Ish

Currently trying on Windows 11, XPS 13 with integrated graphics, but I can try on my video station if it would make a difference.
    Last edited by Eibol; 15th Jun 2024 at 05:16.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Every time I try to convert an audio file that is longer than ten minutes (maybe even shorter, I'm not sure), the encoding process goes on forever and never finishes. If I try to abort the encode, it starts aborting but never finishes. If I try to exit the program, it refuses to let me exit because it is still aborting and I have to go into Task Manager and kill all the Ffpeg Batch Converter processes.

It's been processing an 11 minute 51 second file for over 40 minutes right now.

EDIT: I updated to version 3.0.6 and after getting errors over and over about ffmpeg being corrupt, I finally found the version I use in the older Ffmpeg Batch Converter and after having to tell Windows it was safe to use (which I've never had to do before), version 3.0.6 finally opened for me. I loaded the 12 minute music file and version 3.0.6 had no problem encoding the mp3 in no time at all.
    Last edited by DarrellS; 15th Jun 2024 at 23:20.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, sometimes ffmpeg output does not display progress, so application looks frozen, but encoding is actuallly still working.
    On next release if this is the case, ffmpeg command line output will display on progress bar.

I'm also allowing to disable ffmpeg.exe checksum validation.

Originally Posted by DarrellS View Post
    Every time I try to convert an audio file that is longer than ten minutes (maybe even shorter, I'm not sure), the encoding process goes on forever and never finishes. If I try to abort the encode, it starts aborting but never finishes. If I try to exit the program, it refuses to let me exit because it is still aborting and I have to go into Task Manager and kill all the Ffpeg Batch Converter processes.

It's been processing an 11 minute 51 second file for over 40 minutes right now.

EDIT: I updated to version 3.0.6 and after getting errors over and over about ffmpeg being corrupt, I finally found the version I use in the older Ffmpeg Batch Converter and after having to tell Windows it was safe to use (which I've never had to do before), version 3.0.6 finally opened for me. I loaded the 12 minute music file and version 3.0.6 had no problem encoding the mp3 in no time at all.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all. sorry for my bad english. I'm new to video encoding.
    I have a video file MPEG-H HEVC Video / 52,3 Mbps / 3840x2160 / 23,976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 Profile 5.1 High / 4:2:0 / 1000nits / Dolby Vision Profile 8 - HDR10 / BT.2020 (DB and HDR10 Hybrid) and I want to lower the bitrate with FFmpeg Batch to 20 Mbps and leave everything else as is (audio copy, BT.2020, DV, HDR10, etc.) . can someone tell me the parameters for this? encoder hevc_nvenc
    thank you in advance
    Last edited by laxey; 24th Jun 2024 at 03:55.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Just found this site, and this app... nice! and thank you!

question... I have many MP4 videos that I want to rescale/resize from 4k to 2k. What Preset (or specific settings) should I use inside Batch?

thx!!!
    Quote Quote