VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Hi, for the moment that feature is not available.
    I think the free beta of MakeMKV is what you need.

Sorry, I mean if it is possible to load an unencrypted Blu-ray or DVD from a folder on a hard drive in FFmpeg Batch ? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Eibol, nice to be back here!

Recently I need to transcode lots of footage, and to save some time I wanted to add a 3d lut right while it was converting it in ffmpeg batch, but I'm not able to do so (nor I understand in whitch folder I should put the .cube file), any advice? I think it should be supported right? Following the instruction on the ffmpeg site I'm not getting any error, its just that it doesn't apply it.

Second question: is ffmpeg batch using a software decoder or hardware? I remember that ffmpeg could use an hardware decoder for h.264 clips (like an nvidia card), but I'm not able to do so within the program.

Third and last question: Is there a "easy" guide that you know to compile ffmpeg with fdk and nvenc? I'm really tring to do it by myself, but I'm really lost. :S

UPDATE: I actually got running the decoder and encoder in the nvidia card, and it's working perfectly, it all happened by a mistake that I made ahahahah
    Last edited by Sandros94; 22nd Jun 2018 at 10:43.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi,
    Is it possible to get this to put the same video in the list in a side by side process? I've got the below working in ffmpeg but rather than having to change the file name for the inputs I'd like it if i could use this batch program to, for each file in the list, create a side by side file.

Code:
    ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -vf "movie=file.mp4 [in1]; [in]pad=iw*2:ih:iw:0[in0]; [in0][in1] overlay=0:0 [out]" sidebyside.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, sorry I had not seen the message yet, I have to look into it, my first attempts to include such feature did not go well.

Originally Posted by vh688 View Post
    Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Hi, for the moment that feature is not available.
    I think the free beta of MakeMKV is what you need.

Sorry, I mean if it is possible to load an unencrypted Blu-ray or DVD from a folder on a hard drive in FFmpeg Batch ? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, thanks for the input. I see you want to reuse the input file in the -vf filter, sorry it is not possible for the moment. I take note for future versions.

Originally Posted by Threepwood View Post
    Hi,
    Is it possible to get this to put the same video in the list in a side by side process? I've got the below working in ffmpeg but rather than having to change the file name for the inputs I'd like it if i could use this batch program to, for each file in the list, create a side by side file.

Code:
    ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -vf "movie=file.mp4 [in1]; [in]pad=iw*2:ih:iw:0[in0]; [in0][in1] overlay=0:0 [out]" sidebyside.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    New version 1.5.5.

Fixes:
    - Fixed some issues trying preset before processing that could freeze application.
    - Fixed some errors aborting multiple tasks when using slow devices.
    - Fixed some bugs in stream multiplexing and batch subtitles.

Features:
    - Redesigned multi-file processing, now it manages automatically simultaneous processes depending on CPU type. It shows Individual tasks progress, and any task aborted individually.

FFmpeg Batch Converter 1.5.5 (all versions)

Installer:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_1.5.5_x86.msi
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_1.5.5_x64.msi
    Portable:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_1.5.5_Portable_x86.exe
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_1.5.5_Portable_x64.exe

License agreement has been slighlty modified to clarify that application can be used personal and commercially, and distributed with the same licensing as ffmpeg, provided it is not sold anyhow.
    Last edited by Eibol; 5th Jul 2018 at 14:54. Reason: License addenda
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Threepwood, I have been working on this feature, you can try replacing your current version with this executable FFbatch.exe 1.5.6 Beta.

You just need to replace the part "movie=file.mp4 for "movie=%1 so the main input file is used again inside the filter.
    Code:
    -vf "movie=%1 [in1]; [in]pad=iw*2:ih:iw:0[in0]; [in0][in1] overlay=0:0 [out]"
    Another consideration, please avoid characters "[ ]" in the file name, since for some reason they provoke an error.

I hope it works for you.
    Cheers

Hi,

Code:
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Hi Threepwood, I have been working on this feature, you can try replacing your current version with this executable FFbatch.exe 1.5.6 Beta.

You just need to replace the part "movie=file.mp4 for "movie=%1 so the main input file is used again inside the filter.
    Code:
    Another consideration, please avoid characters "[ ]" in the file name, since for some reason they provoke an error.

I hope it works for you.
    Cheers
    Hi,
    Cheers for that. 1.5.6 is working fine with the sbs filter you suggested. Just to let you know though the post with the 1.5.5 releases has 1.5.4 x86, not 1.5.5.
    Thanks for your quick work. Much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Great, thanks also for the wrong link info.

Code:

I hope it works for you.
    Cheers
    Hi,
    Cheers for that. 1.5.6 is working fine with the sbs filter you suggested. Just to let you know though the post with the 1.5.5 releases has 1.5.4 x86, not 1.5.5.
    Thanks for your quick work. Much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    New version 1.5.6.

- You can now reuse input file in parameters field, inside a -vf filter, by writing '%1'.
    - More accurate progress information in multi-file progressing with some remaining time estimation.
    - Minor interface bug fixes.

FFmpeg Batch Converter 1.5.6 (all versions)

Installer:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_1.5.6_x86.msi
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_1.5.6_x64.msi
    Portable:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_1.5.6_Portable_x86.exe
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_1.5.65_Portable_x64.exe
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi,

Seems it has some issue with high processing encoding. I try to encode Panasonic GH5 (mp4) into Apple ProRes (mov), but fall into multiple issues :

Commands below has been tested on command line and are working perfectly.
    Tested with ffmpeg version N-91559-g5aeb3b0080

With ProRes Proxy :
    -c:v prores_ks -profile:v proxy -vendor:v ap10 -pix_fmt yuv422p10le -c:a pcm_s16le -chunk_size 64K

Try Preset is working
    Processing file failed randomly

With other ProRes format LT, Standard, HQ:
    -c:v prores_ks -profile:v lt -vendor:v ap10 -pix_fmt yuv422p10le -c:a pcm_s16le -chunk_size 64K
    same with -profile:v standard, -profile:v hq

Try Preset is not working, ending with an error "FFMPEG PROCESS TIMEOUT AND HAD TO BE KILLED, TRY PROCESSING FULL FILE"
    When I try processing file ffmeg batch encoder is crashing letting an orphan ffmpeg process.
    If I let the orphan ffmpeg process running encoded file sometimes is successful, but rarely.

You can use this file for testing
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9lkh0ixwryxokr/CE180731-2108-1.MP4
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I will look into it asap.

Originally Posted by yaiol View Post
    Hi,

Seems it has some issue with high processing encoding. I try to encode Panasonic GH5 (mp4) into Apple ProRes (mov), but fall into multiple issues :

With ProRes Proxy :
    -c:v prores_ks -profile:v proxy -vendor:v ap10 -pix_fmt yuv422p10le -c:a pcm_s16le -chunk_size 64K

Try Preset is working

-c:v prores_ks -profile:v lt -vendor:v ap10 -pix_fmt yuv422p10le -c:a pcm_s16le -chunk_size 64K

Try Preset is not working, ending with an error "FFMPEG PROCESS TIMEOUT AND HAD TO BE KILLED, TRY PROCESSING FULL FILE"
    When I try processing file ffmeg batch encoder is crashing letting an orphan ffmpeg process.
    If I let the orphan ffmpeg process running encoded file sometimes is successful, but rarely.

Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    I have been unable to reproduce the issue, in my test computer I could successfully convert your sample file with both parameters sets. Result of the last one below:

https://drive.upm.es/index.php/s/a0z1casG1nxCoDy/download

Any information about your version, computer environment could help.

Hi,

With ProRes Proxy :

Try Preset is working

Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    I have been unable to reproduce the issue, in my test computer I could successfully convert your sample file with both parameters sets. Result of the last one below:
    Thanks for looking at it.

Here my computer specs :
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Operating System: Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
    Language: French (Regional Setting: French)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Precision 5510
    BIOS: 1.7.0 (type: UEFI)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Display Memory: 4154 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
    Shared Memory: 4026 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    HDR Support: Not Supported

Card name: NVIDIA Quadro M1000M
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: Quadro M1000M
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Display Memory: 6037 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 2010 MB
    Current Mode: Unknown
    HDR Support: Unknown

FFmpeg batch convertor: 1.5.7

ffmpeg version N-91559-g5aeb3b0080 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
    built with gcc 7.3.1 (GCC) 20180722
    configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-sdl2 --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libfreetype --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libzimg --enable-lzma --enable-zlib --enable-gmp --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libmysofa --enable-libspeex --enable-libxvid --enable-libaom --enable-libmfx --enable-amf --enable-ffnvcodec --enable-cuvid --enable-d3d11va --enable-nvenc --enable-nvdec --enable-dxva2 --enable-avisynth
    libavutil 56. 18.102 / 56. 18.102
    libavcodec 58. 22.100 / 58. 22.100
    libavformat 58. 17.101 / 58. 17.101
    libavdevice 58. 4.101 / 58. 4.101
    libavfilter 7. 26.100 / 7. 26.100
    libswscale 5. 2.100 / 5. 2.100
    libswresample 3. 2.100 / 3. 2.100
    libpostproc 55. 2.100 / 55. 2.100
    Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder

Could it possible there is a timer into ffmpeg batch converter waiting for ffmpeg text output and my computer is not responding fast enough ?

To give you an idea when encoding into prores 422 standard is very slow around 1 FPS.
    frame= 47 fps=0.9 q=-0.0 size= 103424kB time=00:00:01.51 bitrate=559363.7kbits/s speed=0.0296x

For your information, same ffmpeg parameters is successful with other ffmpeg batch program.
    http://corz.org/windows/software/ffe/
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    I think you could be right, when you press "convert" button, preset is tried automatically, I had to set a timeout because for some reasons ffmpeg hangs with some convertions because some files need to be further processed before they start showing some progress, so program gets stuck.
    You can try replacing your current .exe with this beta that removes initial preset trial.

https://drive.upm.es/index.php/s/578NMznnmaU9Phk/download

If it solves your issue I will include in the future trying presets as a choice.

Thanks for looking at it.

Here my computer specs :
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Operating System: Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
    Language: French (Regional Setting: French)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Precision 5510
    BIOS: 1.7.0 (type: UEFI)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Display Memory: 4154 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    HDR Support: Not Supported

Card name: NVIDIA Quadro M1000M
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: Quadro M1000M
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Display Memory: 6037 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 2010 MB
    Current Mode: Unknown
    HDR Support: Unknown

FFmpeg batch convertor: 1.5.7

ffmpeg version N-91559-g5aeb3b0080 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
    built with gcc 7.3.1 (GCC) 20180722
    configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-sdl2 --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libfreetype --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libzimg --enable-lzma --enable-zlib --enable-gmp --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libmysofa --enable-libspeex --enable-libxvid --enable-libaom --enable-libmfx --enable-amf --enable-ffnvcodec --enable-cuvid --enable-d3d11va --enable-nvenc --enable-nvdec --enable-dxva2 --enable-avisynth
    libavutil 56. 18.102 / 56. 18.102
    libavcodec 58. 22.100 / 58. 22.100
    libavformat 58. 17.101 / 58. 17.101
    libavdevice 58. 4.101 / 58. 4.101
    libavfilter 7. 26.100 / 7. 26.100
    libswscale 5. 2.100 / 5. 2.100
    libswresample 3. 2.100 / 3. 2.100
    libpostproc 55. 2.100 / 55. 2.100
    Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder

Could it possible there is a timer into ffmpeg batch converter waiting for ffmpeg text output and my computer is not responding fast enough ?

To give you an idea when encoding into prores 422 standard is very slow around 1 FPS.
    frame= 47 fps=0.9 q=-0.0 size= 103424kB time=00:00:01.51 bitrate=559363.7kbits/s speed=0.0296x

For your information, same ffmpeg parameters is successful with other ffmpeg batch program.
    http://corz.org/windows/software/ffe/
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    I think you could be right, when you press "convert" button, preset is tried automatically, I had to set a timeout because for some reasons ffmpeg hangs with some convertions because some files need to be further processed before they start showing some progress, so program gets stuck.
    You can try replacing your current .exe with this beta that removes initial preset trial.

If it solves your issue I will include in the future trying presets as a choice.
    Just made the test, unfortunately does the same, crash with orphan process of ffmepg still running.
    No idea of how I can give you more information.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Finally I could reproduce the issue, program closed itself leaving the gui process and an orphan ffmpeg process, that finishes the convertion properly.
    I will have to look deep into the issue, it will take some time. I'll let you know.

Just made the test, unfortunately does the same, crash with orphan process of ffmepg still running.
    No idea of how I can give you more information.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Finally I could reproduce the issue, program closed itself leaving the gui process and an orphan ffmpeg process, that finishes the convertion properly.
    Glad you found a way to reproduce it, good luck for the bug hunt.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks to your input I found the issue, for some reason ffmpeg shows a negative time stamp processing this file, which is never expected by progress information module so the program crashes. I hope I can fix it soon.

Glad you found a way to reproduce it, good luck for the bug hunt.
    Last edited by Eibol; 7th Aug 2018 at 18:33. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    for some reason ffmpeg shows a negative time stamp processing this file, which is never expected by progress information module so the program crashes.
    I try with adding -avoid_negative_ts make_zero to the command to check your hypothesis
    See documentation https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-formats.html

-i %1 -c:v prores_ks -profile:v standard -vendor:v ap10 -pix_fmt yuv422p10le -c:a pcm_s16le -chunk_size 64K -avoid_negative_ts make_zero

But is still crashing.

Seems ffmpeg show negatice time stamp, maybe some useful information for you here
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41032079/ffmpeg-start-time-is-negative
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I have tried a fix in a similar Windows 10 environment and it could solve your issues. No need for -avoid_negative_ts make_zero, but you can use it anyway.

Trying preset will time out, but if you continue the conversion should work. You let me know.

https://drive.upm.es/index.php/s/578NMznnmaU9Phk

for some reason ffmpeg shows a negative time stamp processing this file, which is never expected by progress information module so the program crashes.
    I try with adding -avoid_negative_ts make_zero to the command to check your hypothesis
    See documentation https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-formats.html

-i %1 -c:v prores_ks -profile:v standard -vendor:v ap10 -pix_fmt yuv422p10le -c:a pcm_s16le -chunk_size 64K -avoid_negative_ts make_zero

But is still crashing.

Seems ffmpeg show negatice time stamp, maybe some useful information for you here
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41032079/ffmpeg-start-time-is-negative
    Last edited by Eibol; 8th Aug 2018 at 17:41. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Hi, I have tried a fix in a similar Windows 10 environment and it could solve your issues. No need for -avoid_negative_ts make_zero, but you can use it anyway.
    Thumb up, it works now perfectly
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi back,

I have a new feature request that would really improve usuability of your software, as some converstion like ProRes are really process consuming it can takes hours for a large project, took me like 16 hours to encode a 30 min video. It would be very nice if one could control the process priority : Idle/Low, Below Normal, Normal etc ..
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Good to know it works fine.
    Changing processes priority in Windows can be "tricky", since the task scheduler can ignore attempts to set an specific priorities. I'll do some testing setting lower priority for ffmpeg child process. If it works as expected I'll include it on the next version.

Thumb up, it works now perfectly
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    I have added some priority code in this beta, it can be used once conversion starts. You can try the feature, I hope it fulfills your needs.

Hi back,

I have a new feature request that would really improve usuability of your software, as some converstion like ProRes are really process consuming it can takes hours for a large project, took me like 16 hours to encode a 30 min video. It would be very nice if one could control the process priority : Idle/Low, Below Normal, Normal etc ..
    Quote Quote  
  27. Thx Eibol for this software, I was looking long time for something small and useful like this

Wanna ask few things though:
    Anyone encountered that Output path is always reverting back to "..\FFBatch" ? Regardless of what I type there, or choose from Browse dialog, after I close program and open it again, the output path is always reverted back to "..\FFBatch"
    I dont know how to save it, tried "save settings" button, but it save only default saved parameters for ffmpeg command line, not any other user config.

Can be entire program window made freely resizable, or even maximizable with automatic adjustment of its contents? The "Presets" and "Parameters" textboxes are too small, if I want to write preset description in more detail. And I can also see only small portion of Parameters in its textbox (ffmpeg command line)
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    I'm glad you enjoy the software.

Output folder is not one of the parameters saved yet, only the checkbox parameters are saved (include subfolders, recreate-path, open on completion) as well as default preset. I will include output folder as a parameter to be saved in next version coming soon.

Regarding resizable window/controls, I will look into it too.
    Cheers

Originally Posted by shiro100 View Post
    Thx Eibol for this software, I was looking long time for something small and useful like this

Wanna ask few things though:
    Anyone encountered that Output path is always reverting back to "..\FFBatch" ? Regardless of what I type there, or choose from Browse dialog, after I close program and open it again, the output path is always reverted back to "..\FFBatch"
    I dont know how to save it, tried "save settings" button, but it save only default saved parameters for ffmpeg command line, not any other user config.

Can be entire program window made freely resizable, or even maximizable with automatic adjustment of its contents? The "Presets" and "Parameters" textboxes are too small, if I want to write preset description in more detail. And I can also see only small portion of Parameters in its textbox (ffmpeg command line)
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    I have added some priority code in this beta, it can be used once conversion starts. You can try the feature, I hope it fulfills your needs.
    Thanks for your effort, I tested the beta but seems the priority set within the drop down list doesn't affect the ffmpeg process. Neither the current process, neither the following process.

Tested with SysInternals Process Explorer. ffmpeg Process Priority keeps on 8 (Normal).
    Quote Quote