+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25
FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Gr1ng0m4n View Post
    Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    I had to do a re-upload after 3.0.0 was published, maybe you need to reinstall, or uninstall and reinstall version from Sourceforge.
    it's portable version, i've never installed this tool in my OS. i've just now downloaded "FFmpeg_Batch_AV_Converter_Portable_3.0.0_x64. zip" from "https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffmpeg-batch/files/" and the bug is still present

just now i've replaced "AeroWizard.resources.dll" and "FFBatch.resources.dll" in " it" directory from the 2.8.8 version, and the gui translation is ok. so seems to be something related to those two dlls
    Now I understand, thanks. I forgot the updated dlls in the zip file.
    Now available with all of the new translations at sourceforge and next releases.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a way to batch normalize the audio? I tried once but got an error. There must be a different setting than what mp3gainGUI uses? I've been using mp3gainGUI to set the audio to 89.0 but most of the files I try to use these days will not work. I get failure to analyze every file in a folder with mp3gainGUI.

I've been using FFmpeg Batch AV Converter to create mp4 files with mp3 audio but most of the time, mp3gainGUI still refuses to analyze and fix the audio so I have to demux the mp3 files from the mp4 files that I created with FFmpeg Batch AV Converter and use those files. Usually, that's the only way I can get mp3gain to work. I have the aacgain.exe renamed to mp3gain.exe so I don't know why it will only work part of the time.

It would be nice if I could just use FFmpeg Batch AV Converter and do away with MP3GainGUI.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I checked the box for volume in FFmpeg Batch. I used the Default copy preset and left the audio level at 0 and it errored out on every file. Next, I used a custom preset that I made to copy video and encode audio to mp3 and set the audio level to -1 (which I saw recommended on google) and it produced all the files.

I opened those files in MP3GainGUI to see what it read and it only read about a third of them with levels from 22.6dB below 98.0dB to 4.5 over 89.0dB. I checked the file that read 22.6 below and I could barely hear it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, did you try loudnorm filter?

-c:v copy -c:a mp3 -b:a 128K -filter:a loudnorm
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, did you try loudnorm filter?

-c:v copy -c:a mp3 -b:a 128K -filter:a loudnorm
    I must've used my old way of converting the audio to mp3 and demuxing the audio with FFMpeg Batch and then using MP3GainGUI to set the volume gain because all those files are fine now. I did not use a filter to normalize the audio. I just used the Audio Waveform and set it to -1dB.

I've found a new problem now. I created AVIs using FFMpeg Batch with no audio so I could edit them in VirtualDub-1.10.5-test7-AMD64 and now FFMpeg Batch will not convert those files to MKV. I tried the older version which would not convert them at all and the new version creates a file that will not play in any player.

There is an error at the top right of FFMpeg Batcth that says Connection Error when I opened the AVI.

The error I got when trying to create the MKV said...

Metadata:
    software : Lavf60.3.100
    encoder : Lavf60.11.100
    Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p(progressive), 192
    0x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], q=2-31, 2349 kb/s, 59.96 fps, 29.98 tbr, 1k tbn
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
    Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
    frame= 0 fps=0.0 q=-1.0 size= 0kB time=00:00:00.00 bitrate=N/A speed=
    [matroska @ 00000000003fd580] Timestamps are unset in a packet for stream 0. Thi
    s is deprecated and will stop working in the future. Fix your code to set the ti
    mestamps properly
    [matroska @ 00000000003fd580] Can't write packet with unknown timestamp
    [vost#0:0/copy @ 0000000002e3b880] Error submitting a packet to the muxer: Inval
    id argument
    [out#0/matroska @ 0000000000188b00] Error muxing a packet
    [out#0/matroska @ 0000000000188b00] video:25kB audio:0kB subtitle:0kB other stre
    ams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown
    frame= 1 fps=0.0 q=-1.0 Lsize= 1kB time=00:00:00.30 bitrate= 15.5kbits
    /s speed=21.1x
    Conversion failed!

C:\Users\Darrell\Downloads\FFmpeg_Batch_AV_Convert er_Portable_3.0.0_x64>

The AVI that I made with FFmpeg_Batch_AV_Converter_Portable_2.8.8_x64 plays fine in MPC-HC but opens in VirtualDub-1.10.5-test7-AMD64 as a video with all black frames and will not open correctly in either version of FFMpeg Batch.

I deleted the original MP4s so I can't use them. I'm not sure why FFMpeg Batch creates files that are not usable but this is the second time that it created unusable files for me.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, looks like a container/codec mismatch, not all container/codec combinations result in playable files, or playable in all media players.

It is best practice to test your encodings before production. If you send the unplayable file I could have a look.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, looks like a container/codec mismatch, not all container/codec combinations result in playable files, or playable in all media players.

It is best practice to test your encodings before production. If you send the unplayable file I could have a look.
    Yeah, the AVI played fine in MPC-HC and I've been converting MP4 AAC files to AVI with MP3 or AC3 for a couple of months now using AVIdemux, Virtualdub and I'm sure FFMpeg worked on my other files. It's the only program I have that does batch processing.

Looks like they'll open in Avidemux so I'll have to edit them with that program. I'll just have to find another way without using ffmpeg. I had another problem a while back that I posted in another thread about a batch file that would do what I was trying to do before I found FFMpeg Batch Converter that I thought had worked since it did work on a few files that I tried but it didn't in any of the other files I tried. Then I found FFMpeg Batch converter that did exactly what I was trying to do

FFMpeg Batch was a Godsend when I found it and it still does a lot of things that I've tried. I had to figure out a few custom presets that didn't come with it but most of the commands were easy to figure out with all the other presets that were there. I did try to screen capture a file with a couple of different screen capture presets that I could not download with any of my downloaders last night and FFMpeg Batch created the files but they were corrupt with none of the movie that I was trying to capture.

I am using ffmpeg version 6.0. Not sure which version is supposed to be used with these presets.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Presets usually work with any ffmpeg version, but developmend ffmpeg builds can have unexpected behaviours as expected in any beta version.

Originally Posted by DarrellS View Post

Yeah, the AVI played fine in MPC-HC and I've been converting MP4 AAC files to AVI with MP3 or AC3 for a couple of months now using AVIdemux, Virtualdub and I'm sure FFMpeg worked on my other files. It's the only program I have that does batch processing.

Looks like they'll open in Avidemux so I'll have to edit them with that program. I'll just have to find another way without using ffmpeg. I had another problem a while back that I posted in another thread about a batch file that would do what I was trying to do before I found FFMpeg Batch Converter that I thought had worked since it did work on a few files that I tried but it didn't in any of the other files I tried. Then I found FFMpeg Batch converter that did exactly what I was trying to do

FFMpeg Batch was a Godsend when I found it and it still does a lot of things that I've tried. I had to figure out a few custom presets that didn't come with it but most of the commands were easy to figure out with all the other presets that were there. I did try to screen capture a file with a couple of different screen capture presets that I could not download with any of my downloaders last night and FFMpeg Batch created the files but they were corrupt with none of the movie that I was trying to capture.

I am using ffmpeg version 6.0. Not sure which version is supposed to be used with these presets.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you make a preset to mux an AVI and an MP3 together or is it possible?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    You can just use the Stream Multiplex tab,.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can just use the Stream Multiplex tab,.
    Alright. I found the Stream Multiplexer tab but I couldn't figure out how to use it.

I added all the files from a folder with Name_track01.avi files and Name_track02.mp3 files but after choosing all the tracks in the folder, it only created the first file. When I looked at the track list on the bottom, it showed one avi file and all of the mp3 files.

It's only allowing me to add one video stream. I thought this was a batch program.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    I see. I think you could use variables to bach multiplex avi and mp3, but they would have to share the file name, like 'Name_track.avi' and 'Name_track.mp3'

For example, if track01.avi and track01.mp3 exist, you would add all avi files to the list, and in the main tab:

Parameters: -i %2.mp3 -c copy
    Format: avi
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see. I think you could use variables to bach multiplex avi and mp3, but they would have to share the file name, like 'Name_track.avi' and 'Name_track.mp3'

For example, if track01.avi and track01.mp3 exist, you would add all avi files to the list, and in the main tab:

Parameters: -i %2.mp3 -c copy
    Format: avi
    Thanks! I'll try that.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Same problem. It created the first file with video and audio but failed on all other video files and produced avi files with audio only.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    You must be doing something different. This screenshot should help:

[Attachment 74716 - Click to enlarge]

You add video only files Test(n).avi to file list. Audio files are available at the same folder as Test(n).mp3

Results in muxed Test1, Test2, Test3.avi
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I changed the names of the audio files to match the names of the video files and tried again but I kept getting an error that said it couldn't find the audio files.

I finally gave up and used Virtualdub and added "audio from other file".

Looking at your attachment using .m4v, it might've worked for me if I had saved the .h264 files but I didn't think I needed them since they were also in the AVIs that MKVcleaver created with separate mp3 files.

I need to search all my old threads to see if I can find all the batch files I used to have that worked for me.

EDIT: I used MKVcleaver on the original MKVs and renamed all the audio files to track01 like the video files and dragged and dropped the .h264 files onto the main window (it could not see the files in the folder) and tried again. This time it worked on five of the twelve files. Said the others were invalid. Good to know your preset works.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Trying to save a few steps, I decided to take my mp4s and copy those to avi using the "Video: MP4 Stream copy" preset and it created the files alright but all of the videos frame rate has doubled. I checked a few of the files and they're all in sync. Is this normal for ffmpeg to double the frame rate or is there something I need to do to the preset? The file size of the avi are a little smaller in size. Not much.

EDIT: The output file is the same length of the input file.
    Last edited by DarrellS; 6th Nov 2023 at 20:29.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    i have vertical videos with black sides (padding, is it called??), recorded by a mobile phone. whenever i convert the video with ffpmeg batch con, it removes the black sides and the result is fully stretched width wise video. here r my parameters:
    -c:v libx264 -crf 25 -vf scale=3840:2160 -c:a aac -b:a 128K
    i am using 'scale' parameter cause if i dont use it and keep the origin resolution then video is not played on my tv. tried many diff video converters....only the ones which produce video with the cinema reel icon/thumbnail are recognised by my tv!!! SAME video without cinema reel icon is NOT played by tv!! (windows 10 and 11 both shows this cinema reel icon on some videos). in many of the video converters, if i specify the target resolution THEN only the reel icon on converted videos is shown!! if reslouiton is kept original (which i want) then reel icon is not shown! what does this reel thumbnail specify/tell-us ???? to solve the problem, i used 'scale' parameter and now result is with reel icon and my tv plays them BUT the result is streteched (width wise).
    thus , what are the parameters/arguments for keeping the video with original black sides intact?? if i dont specify the 'scale' arument THEN video keeps original black sides or padding. can it be done thru 'crop' option in the wizard (next to 'Resize' , in one of the option windows) ?
    please help.
    i am using this soft as it retained the original colours of the video, most other converters are dulling/fading the colours in the videos. and they cant handle MANY videos (100~) at a time. batch converison is what i need. tried this soft after many many others and found it useful.
    THUS, my problem,
    1. what is with this cinema reel icon ?? (otherwise the videos are same in looks and settings)
    2. parametrs for keeping original ratio/padding/black-sides
    BTW only 4k videos need this cinema reel icon. full hd (1080p) videos EVEN WITHOUT these reel icons are recognised by my tv.
    Last edited by pinoco; 29th Dec 2023 at 07:35. Reason: added more info
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by pinoco View Post
    here r my parameters:
    For the scaling try something like
    Code:
    -vf "scale=w=1920:h=1080:force_original_aspect_ratio=decrease,pad=1920:1080:(ow-iw)/2:(oh-ih)/2"
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    Originally Posted by pinoco View Post
    here r my parameters:
    Code:
    -vf "scale=w=1920:h=1080:force_original_aspect_ratio=decrease,pad=1920:1080:(ow-iw)/2:(oh-ih)/2"
    thanks a lot. it worked !!! but i wish there was a GUI button in the settings wizard , like, 'pad' .. something. many open source converters have this. just eliminates the need of asking on a forum like this. hope the developer is reading this and adds that GUI 'button'/option in the next release.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I'll take suggestion into account, it is difficult to have all use cases in the gui.

Flexibility requires some learning, I'm no expert and did not actually know myself how to achieve your purpose, but his link was promising: http://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Scaling
    EDIT: This was a good one: https://superuser.com/questions/547296/resizing-videos-with-ffmpeg-avconv-to-fit-into-...136305#1136305
    here r my parameters:
    Code:
    thanks a lot. it worked !!! but i wish there was a GUI button in the settings wizard , like, 'pad' .. something. many open source converters have this. just eliminates the need of asking on a forum like this. hope the developer is reading this and adds that GUI 'button'/option in the next release.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I'll take suggestion into account, it is difficult to have all use cases in the gui.

Flexibility requires some learning, I'm no expert and did not actually know myself how to achieve your purpose, but his link was promising: http://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Scaling
    EDIT: This was a good one: https://superuser.com/questions/547296/resizing-videos-with-ffmpeg-avconv-to-fit-into-...136305#1136305
    here r my parameters:
    Code:

hey, developer (eibol), thanks for seeing the post and accepting as a request!!! will be waiting to see it implemented in next/future release.
    BTW, do u know of this cinema reel icon thingy?? i.e. my first problem. even handbrake converted videos are good in quality but dont have this cinema reel icon.......which specific videos see this icon? if handbrake videos output is less than 4k (like 1080p) THEN they show the cinema reel icon and are played on my tv.......really weird......
    Quote Quote  
  23. *edit* nevermind I figured it out, you just have to perform an action that would normally trigger a notification. Like minimizing the app, then it shows back up in the notifications and actions screen.

Hey everyone, I disabled the taskbar (action center I think) notifications for this program by accident and now cannot find out how to reenable them. I'm using Windows 10 and the app doesn't show up in the system notification area. Any ideas?
    Last edited by tacomaguy20; 14th Jan 2024 at 12:43.
    Quote Quote  
  24. hello seem to be that version 3.0.3 introduces a bug that version 3.0.2 doesnt have. I'm on Win 7 x64, steps to reproduce it:
    1) add a file to encode to the list by drag & drop
    2) start sequential single file encoding
    3) add another file to the list always by drag & drop
    4) wait first file encoding termination
    Now is the bug: second file in the list doenst start automatically, and if started manually very strange behaviour appears to the progress bar and other details about encoding
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the bug report. It should be fixed for next release. This patched beta should work fine.

Originally Posted by Gr1ng0m4n View Post
    hello seem to be that version 3.0.3 introduces a bug that version 3.0.2 doesnt have. I'm on Win 7 x64, steps to reproduce it:
    1) add a file to encode to the list by drag & drop
    2) start sequential single file encoding
    3) add another file to the list always by drag & drop
    4) wait first file encoding termination
    Now is the bug: second file in the list doenst start automatically, and if started manually very strange behaviour appears to the progress bar and other details about encoding
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Thanks for the bug report. It should be fixed for next release. This patched beta should work fine.
    Thanks for your work
    Quote Quote  
  27. Question:

Can I convert a BDMV file into x265 mkv (.clpi/mpls file)(~CRF flexibility) + source audio with ffmpeg batch converter? Please type the preset
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, it is not possible for the moment. You could concatenate the m2ts files encoding them as H265.
    You could use MakeMKV to use directly the bmdv index file.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Hi, it is not possible for the moment. You could concatenate the m2ts files encoding them as H265.
    You could use MakeMKV to use directly the bmdv index file.
    So you're saying I'd have to create an REMUX with MakeMKV first right? But isn't REMUX itself has H.264 format?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Not necessarily, many Blu ray discs come encoded with h265. If that's not the case, you would have to encode the h264 remux to h265.
    Quote Quote