VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    In this case it would be a two steps process.
    First extract the ass subtitutles from the mkvs on the main tab, using something like (if video has only one audio track and one subtitle track)
    Parameters:
    Code:
    -map 0:2 -c:s copy
    Format: ass

Then you can point to the extracted files path at Batch Subtitles. They must have the same name as the source video file, or you would have to double-click on each item to select it.

Originally Posted by firekid View Post
    Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Originally Posted by firekid View Post
    mkv file containing .ass subtitle with custom stylish font. how can we burn subtitle (hardcoded sub) into video for batch encode? any help please?
    I think you could use the Batch subtitles tab, select the ass subtitles, (they are automatically selected if they have the same source filename)
    and then check "Burn subtitles", there use the ffmpeg parameters of your choice.
    https://i.imgur.com/FXiwuY9.png

when click encode i got error "some items have no subtitle available". kindly help please.
    Quote Quote  
  2. App Digger
    Search PM
    @Eibol

In 2.1.8, when I type in "NU" in the Presets name field and click the drop-down handle, FFmpeg Batch Converter pops up an error message like this.

The content is as follows:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: length
    at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
    at FFBatch_main.Form1.comboBox1_DropDown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnDropDown(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Mes sage& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    FFBatch
    Assembly Version: 2.1.8.0
    Win32 Version: 2.1.8
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Utilities/FFmpeg_Batch/FFBatch.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
    System.Dynamic
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
    Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
    System.Dynamic.DynamicAssembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    However, I can still go on by clicking the Continue button and select another Preset name in the drop-down menu.

Please have a look.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I tried to reproduce the error creating an "NU" preset and playing around, but no error showed up.
    Maybe a screenshot of the rest of the application, without the runtime error, may help.
    Anyway, it is recommended to user at least 4 characters, but I'd have to doublecheck.

Originally Posted by JKyle View Post
    @Eibol

In 2.1.8, when I type in "NU" in the Presets name field and click the drop-down handle, FFmpeg Batch Converter pops up an error message like this.

The content is as follows:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: length
    at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
    at FFBatch_main.Form1.comboBox1_DropDown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnDropDown(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Mes sage& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    However, I can still go on by clicking the Continue button and select another Preset name in the drop-down menu.

Please have a look.
    Last edited by Eibol; 24th May 2020 at 17:33.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Eibol just a update i got a around to do a test with the fix you sent me. I did get a test done with 2.18 and cuda was on 0 issues the bar went to 100% on the first try.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Great! Thanks

Originally Posted by Wizard23 View Post
    Hi Eibol just a update i got a around to do a test with the fix you sent me. I did get a test done with 2.18 and cuda was on 0 issues the bar went to 100% on the first try.
    Quote Quote  
  6. App Digger
    Search PM
    Hi, I tried to reproduce the error creating an "NU" preset and playing around, but no error showed up.
    Maybe a screenshot of the rest of the application, without the runtime error, may help.
    The error occurs even when there's nothing in the file list.

By clicking Continue, I can go on with the app though.

I have .Net Core Runtime 3.0.0 and .Net Core SDK 2.1.201.

Can this be a cause for the error?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Just send the contents of your settings file (ff_batch.ini), that should good for debugging myself.
    Settings management is buggy sometimes, It was an estoy approach, one day I guess I'll change this somehow.

The error occurs even when there's nothing in the file list.

By clicking Continue, I can go on with the app though.

I have .Net Core Runtime 3.0.0 and .Net Core SDK 2.1.201.

Can this be a cause for the error?
    Quote Quote  
  8. App Digger
    Search PM
    Just send the contents of your settings file (ff_batch.ini), that should good for debugging myself.
    Settings management is buggy sometimes, It was an estoy approach, one day I guess I'll change this somehow.
    OK. Here it is.

ff_batch.ini.zip
    Quote Quote  
  9. App Digger
    Search PM
    This gave me light on the cause.
    I removed all my old setting files in C:\Users\{my_account_name}\AppData\Roaming\FFBatch and fresh started the app, and the problem is gone.

I've been overwriting the portable app files for a long time and maybe the setting files were obsolete and incompatible with the new version.

Sorry about the fuss and thank you for the pointer.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi, @Eibol. I was on 2.1.8 and just installed/upgraded to 2.2.0.

I get a soft error message now when choosing any preset from the drop-down list.

1) Open the app
    2) Drag media files into the app
    3) Click the presets drop-down
    4) Choose my custom preset (I'll call this Preset #1)
    5) Error message appears (see attached)
    6) Hit Continue to return to the app.
    7) The Parameters field below the drop-down does not change to reflect the parameters of my Preset #1, but I can see that the drop-down field contains the name of the Preset #1 that I had selected.
    8) If I click the Presets drop down one more time, and choose another Preset (Preset #2), I get the error message, hit Continue, and now the Parameters field shows the parameters of the Preset #1. - but the Preset drop-down shows the name of Preset #2.

Thank you for your hard work on this app!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ffmpeg_2.2.0_error.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	53835  

Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, could you please make a backup of your presets and send the file for debugging? I have no clue yet.

Originally Posted by lazividehlp View Post
    Hi, @Eibol. I was on 2.1.8 and just installed/upgraded to 2.2.0.

I get a soft error message now when choosing any preset from the drop-down list.

1) Open the app
    2) Drag media files into the app
    3) Click the presets drop-down
    4) Choose my custom preset (I'll call this Preset #1)
    5) Error message appears (see attached)
    6) Hit Continue to return to the app.
    7) The Parameters field below the drop-down does not change to reflect the parameters of my Preset #1, but I can see that the drop-down field contains the name of the Preset #1 that I had selected.
    8) If I click the Presets drop down one more time, and choose another Preset (Preset #2), I get the error message, hit Continue, and now the Parameters field shows the parameters of the Preset #1. - but the Preset drop-down shows the name of Preset #2.

Thank you for your hard work on this app!
    Quote Quote  
  12. [QUOTE=Eibol;2587069]Hi, could you please make a backup of your presets and send the file for debugging? I have no clue yet.

ff_batch.ini file? OK it is attached. Thank you !
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you. The presets file is now ff_presets.ini, you can make a copy with the presets editor.

[QUOTE=lazividehlp;2587070]
    Hi, could you please make a backup of your presets and send the file for debugging? I have no clue yet.

ff_batch.ini file? OK it is attached. Thank you !
    Quote Quote  
  14. [QUOTE=Eibol;2587073]Thank you. The presets file is now ff_presets.ini, you can make a copy with the presets editor.

Woops, sorry. OK here it is!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I have replaced my current ff_batch and ff_presets with yours but no error so far. It is the second report, still unable to reproduce the error.

I would just go to settings and reset to factory defaults, then load your presets from ff_presets.ini.

[QUOTE=lazividehlp;2587076]
    Thank you. The presets file is now ff_presets.ini, you can make a copy with the presets editor.

Woops, sorry. OK here it is!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Hi, I have replaced my current ff_batch and ff_presets with yours but no error so far. It is the second report, still unable to reproduce the error.

I would just go to settings and reset to factory defaults, then load your presets from ff_presets.ini.
    You know what's funny... i was able to reproduce the error 5 times yesterday. I made no changes (other than performing the preset backup via the application that you requested), and the error does not happen any more. Thanks @Eibol.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Very good. I think it is related to backwards compatibility, I probably missed something.
    Once you save a new preset, new presets file is written and backwards compatibility is no longer used.
    Thanks for the report

Originally Posted by lazividehlp View Post
    Hi, I have replaced my current ff_batch and ff_presets with yours but no error so far. It is the second report, still
    unable to reproduce the error.

You know what's funny... i was able to reproduce the error 5 times yesterday. I made no changes (other than performing the preset backup via the application that you requested), and the error does not happen any more. Thanks @Eibol.
    Quote Quote  
  18. App Digger
    Search PM
    @Eibol

Can I make a suggestion?

I think it'd be really useful if some sound can be played after jobs are finished.
    And it would be a plus if the user can select his/her own media file to be played.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Probably available as a choice on next release

@Eibol

Can I make a suggestion?

I think it'd be really useful if some sound can be played after jobs are finished.
    And it would be a plus if the user can select his/her own media file to be played.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    This beta version plays a wave file on queue completion:

@Eibol

Can I make a suggestion?

Quote Quote  
  21. App Digger
    Search PM
    This beta version plays a wave file on queue completion.
    Well, unfortunately, no.
    It plays nothing after the queued jobs are finished, while the sound is played OK in Settings.

BTW, this weird word "Vs " is always prefixed in Settings > Rename output file option, so every time I open Settings, I have to delete it manually.

And if I manually replace youtube-dl.exe with the most recent version 2020.06.16.1, FFmpeg Batch (ver 2.2.0) fails to check if it is the most recent one but keeps checking indefinitely.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, for the moment sound plays only if application is not in foreground, or minimized. This could change.

While I find the settings issue, go to presets editor, backup your presets, and then go to settings and reset all settings, then restore your presets.

This beta version plays a wave file on queue completion.
    Well, unfortunately, no.
    It plays nothing after the queued jobs are finished, while the sound is played OK in Settings.

BTW, this weird word "Vs " is always prefixed in Settings > Rename output file option, so every time I open Settings, I have to delete it manually.

And if I manually replace youtube-dl.exe with the most recent version 2020.06.16.1, FFmpeg Batch (ver 2.2.0) fails to check if it is the most recent one but keeps checking indefinitely.
    Quote Quote  
  23. App Digger
    Search PM
    Hi, for the moment sound plays only if application is not in foreground, or minimized. This could change.
    I see.

While I find the settings issue, go to presets editor, backup your presets, and then go to settings and reset all settings, then restore your presets.
    I did, but the problem ("Vs " prefix) still exists.
    I even deleted all the setting files and fresh started FFmpeg Batch, but it's still there.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Ummm, can you try this updated version?

I see.

I did, but the problem ("Vs " prefix) still exists.
    I even deleted all the setting files and fresh started FFmpeg Batch, but it's still there.
    Quote Quote  
  25. App Digger
    Search PM
    I downloaded the executable from the link and replaced the original exe.
    I deleted C:\Users\<my user name>\AppData\Roaming\FFBatch folder containing all the setting files and fresh started FFmpeg Batch.
    (FYI, I'm using a 64 bit portable version.)

1) youtube-dl check is working OK now.

2) "Vs " prefix in file name renaming in Settings still exists though.
    See this:
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the info, now I believe I found the issue.
    Updated exe

I downloaded the executable from the link and replaced the original exe.
    I deleted C:\Users\<my user name>\AppData\Roaming\FFBatch folder containing all the setting files and fresh started FFmpeg Batch.
    (FYI, I'm using a 64 bit portable version.)

1) youtube-dl check is working OK now.

2) "Vs " prefix in file name renaming in Settings still exists though.
    See this:
    Quote Quote  
  27. App Digger
    Search PM
    Updated exe
    Super! Now the problem is gone.

BTW, the main window always resets its position every time I launch the program.
    Can you please make it remember its last position when it was closed?

And if you're interested in internationalizing this precious app, please let me know.
    I'm willing to help you with my native language: Korean.

Thanks a million!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Great. Thanks for the support.

This build opens application on default windows location, for resolutions higher than 1366x768.

A pity the application was never designed to grow much and be localized using resources files, so right now english will have to be

Updated exe
    Super! Now the problem is gone.

BTW, the main window always resets its position every time I launch the program.
    Can you please make it remember its last position when it was closed?

And if you're interested in internationalizing this precious app, please let me know.
    I'm willing to help you with my native language: Korean.

Thanks a million!
    Quote Quote  
  29. App Digger
    Search PM
    This build opens application on default windows location, for resolutions higher than 1366x768.
    Well, this one randomly changes its position every time I launch the app.

I use a HiDPI setting in display (125%). (2560x1080)
    Can it be related to this thing?

A pity the application was never designed to grow much and be localized using resources files, so right now english will have to be
    I see.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    This build should remember window position, no matter high resolution is set.

Well, this one randomly changes its position every time I launch the app.

I use a HiDPI setting in display (125%). (2560x1080)
    Can it be related to this thing?

I see.
    Quote Quote