VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Ant_G View Post
    Hi, is there anyway to minimize window when pausing the process?, i need to see some info on desktop that i set with program (rainmeter) when i play some OL game (not fullscreen) but FFbatch windows always cover 90% of my screen, clicking "Show desktop" on the right corner will minimize all windows but when i bring up the game FFBatch window will also restored.

about 2 pass it will be lovely if it implemented, because VP9 will deliver a lot better compression with 2 pass compare to single pass (or i miss something on it )

Hi, I will look into a way to be able to miminize application on paused mode for next release.

Regarding two pass encoding, that requires a major change in queue processing code, or create a specific encoding wizard for it.
    Maybe in the not distant future if time allows it.

Cheers
    Eibol
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello, Eibol. Thank you for this handy tool. I seem to have an issue with processing priority.

I'm using the latest version (2.0) and I always choose "Idle" for my batch. I had noticed that my media server (running on the same machine) was struggling with transcodes while the batch was running, so I looked in Task Manager. The ffmpeg.exe process had "Normal" priority. I can set it to "Low" in Task Manager myself, but once the next file in the batch is reached, the ffmpeg.exe process goes back to "Normal" priority.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Same issue.
    Change priority to other value and save, change to idle and save -> ffmpeg starting in idle.
    After restart FFmpegBatch ffmpeg starting in normal again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Edit: I may have found scenarios in which this issue could show up. I will look into it.
    Originally Posted by g71 View Post
    Same issue.
    Change priority to other value and save, change to idle and save -> ffmpeg starting in idle.
    After restart FFmpegBatch ffmpeg starting in normal again.
    Hi all, I'm unable to reproduce anywhere this issue, ffmpeg priority changes accordingly, either at the beginning or during the encoding.
    What are your system specifications? (CPU, OS).
    Last edited by Eibol; 8th Oct 2019 at 14:57. Reason: New info
    Quote Quote  
  5. Win7 on i5-2500k.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the reporting. I found issues setting priority, they will be fixed on next release.

In this anticipated beta version priority change should work as expected.
    Just replace your current FFbatch.exe with beta version.

It also includes next features like new pause/resume behaviour, file list filtering and sorting, and a two pass encoding wizard tool in early stages.

Cheers

Win7 on i5-2500k.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Thanks for the reporting. I found issues setting priority, they will be fixed on next release.

In this anticipated beta version priority change should work as expected.
    Just replace your current FFbatch.exe with beta version.

It also includes next features like new pause/resume behaviour, file list filtering and sorting, and a two pass encoding wizard tool in early stages.

Cheers

Win10 on i7-6700K here. You are great ! I will try the beta with a batch tonight. Thank you, @Eibol.

*UPDATE* ffmpeg.exe priority remains as "low" as the batch goes on. Excellent. And Pause functionality allows you to minimize the window after you hit OK to the dialog. Thanks very much
    Last edited by lazividehlp; 9th Oct 2019 at 11:37.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I tried using this program for the first time yesterday and it was working fine. (I need to convert from yuv444p to yuv420p for raspberry pi; and the Linux script I had was dependent on libraries not available so I tried this app instead)…

My first batch went fine, sometime later I tried another batch and Windows froze. (The caps lock key wouldn't even light up when I pressed it). I'm running an insider build of Windows 10 so not a big surprise.

Anyway, after hard power resetting my Surface Pro 5 the app would crash immediately on startup. I tried repairing the installation and also uninstalling and also re-installing, but still it would crash on app startup.
    After deleting the files in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\FFbatch folder I could start the app again fine. I undeleted the files and then it would crash again.
    (I've attached those files if it helps).

Also another thing I noticed initially was that I tried to open source files from a SMB share (on the raspberry pi). The app didn't like that, but I could get around that by mapping the share as a drive letter.

Thanks Eibol for making this app, it's saved me heaps of time.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, glad you enjoy the application. I never tested over a network share, though in Windows 10 seems to work fine even without mapping the drive.
    Which parameters are you using for the conversion? Anyway, I can't test in a Surface Pro, but may be it is related to ffmpeg version not running smoothly in such device.
    Maybe you could try with 32 bits version, or start application as admin to see if that changes anything.

Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I tried using this program for the first time yesterday and it was working fine. (I need to convert from yuv444p to yuv420p for raspberry pi; and the Linux script I had was dependent on libraries not available so I tried this app instead)…

My first batch went fine, sometime later I tried another batch and Windows froze. (The caps lock key wouldn't even light up when I pressed it). I'm running an insider build of Windows 10 so not a big surprise.

Anyway, after hard power resetting my Surface Pro 5 the app would crash immediately on startup. I tried repairing the installation and also uninstalling and also re-installing, but still it would crash on app startup.
    After deleting the files in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\FFbatch folder I could start the app again fine. I undeleted the files and then it would crash again.
    (I've attached those files if it helps).

Also another thing I noticed initially was that I tried to open source files from a SMB share (on the raspberry pi). The app didn't like that, but I could get around that by mapping the share as a drive letter.

Thanks Eibol for making this app, it's saved me heaps of time.
    Quote Quote  
  10. There is only one missing option for me, force encoding from many folders to one, without recreating dirtree. Any chance for adding this (maybe hidden in advanced settings)?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    There is only one missing option for me, force encoding from many folders to one, without recreating dirtree. Any chance for adding this (maybe hidden in advanced settings)?
    Sure, I will turn the message into a question so user can choose to continue despite the warning.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Hi, glad you enjoy the application. I never tested over a network share, though in Windows 10 seems to work fine even without mapping the drive.
    Which parameters are you using for the conversion? Anyway, I can't test in a Surface Pro, but may be it is related to ffmpeg version not running smoothly in such device.
    Maybe you could try with 32 bits version, or start application as admin to see if that changes anything.
    Here is the message I got from the app when I went through a network share without mapping the drive to a letter (via Add Files and then selecting them all from the UNC path and selecting open):
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentException: Object must be a root directory ("C:\") or a drive letter ("C").
    at System.IO.DriveInfo..ctor(String driveName)
    at FFBatch_main.Form1.openFileDialog1_FileOk(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.OnFileOk(CancelEve ntArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.HandleVistaFileOk( IFileDialog dialog)
    The parameters I'm using are -y -pix_fmt yuv420p -strict experimental
    Running another batch now, looks to be working fine - I went to sequential mode instead of multi-file this time.
    (and of course, as soon as I hit post, the computer froze again!) retrying now with the latest 32bit ffmpeg

I found something else too... After adding 1000 files it comes up with a prompt saying "Adding many files... Adding 1000 files from a Network Drive may take some time, do you wish to continue". Click continue, and then "Adding 1001 files from a network drive"... "Adding 1002 files from a network drive..." - perhaps it should only prompt once, one it hit 1000 files, and if you continue it doesn't prompt again?
    Last edited by theguru; 15th Oct 2019 at 01:27.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    I have found a reason for failing to add not mapped network files, I have added about 2000 files from a \\network_drive_path and it worked fine.
    I have also removed that 1000 or more files added warning, old versions legacy.

Regarding dealing with thousands of network files, file validations are slower, so it can take a few seconds before queue encoding starts.
    Application crashing can also be because network drives are less reliable, with more latency, and error correction is weaker, they lack of some features only available on local file systems, like file caching. The only 100% reliable solution would be to add to the application a network files mode, in which files are cached before encoding.

On the other hand, you should never use multiple file encoding for video encoding operations, specially on network drives due to the reasons above, it can become slower and less reliable than sequential processing.

You can try this beta with the updated fixes:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is the message I got from the app when I went through a network share without mapping the drive to a letter (via Add Files and then selecting them all from the UNC path and selecting open):
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentException: Object must be a root directory ("C:\") or a drive letter ("C").
    at System.IO.DriveInfo..ctor(String driveName)
    at FFBatch_main.Form1.openFileDialog1_FileOk(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.OnFileOk(CancelEve ntArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.HandleVistaFileOk( IFileDialog dialog)
    The parameters I'm using are -y -pix_fmt yuv420p -strict experimental
    Running another batch now, looks to be working fine - I went to sequential mode instead of multi-file this time.
    (and of course, as soon as I hit post, the computer froze again!) retrying now with the latest 32bit ffmpeg

I found something else too... After adding 1000 files it comes up with a prompt saying "Adding many files... Adding 1000 files from a Network Drive may take some time, do you wish to continue". Click continue, and then "Adding 1001 files from a network drive"... "Adding 1002 files from a network drive..." - perhaps it should only prompt once, one it hit 1000 files, and if you continue it doesn't prompt again?[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Eibol; 15th Oct 2019 at 09:12. Reason: More info
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hello i have a bunch of video files that have different audio codecs i want to convert all their audio to AAC im using these parameters: -map 0 -c:v copy -c:a aac
    now some video files already have acc audio is it possible to adjust the parameters somehow to skip the videos that have acc audio codec?
    also is my command right? i tried to convert a video audio from he-acc to acc and it increased the bitrate and size which make no sense here is comparison:
    before:
    Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : HE-AAC / LC
    Format settings : Explicit
    Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
    Duration : 23 min 5 s
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 32.0 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate : 38.2 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz / 24.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 23.438 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 5.29 MiB (4%)
    Encoded date : UTC 2010-11-12 20:40:22
    Tagged date : UTC 2010-11-12 20:40:22

after:

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : FF-2
    Bit rate : 128 kb/s
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Stream size : 21.2 MiB (14%)
    Alignment : Split accross interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 21 ms (5.11 video frames)
    Interleave, preload duratio : 2 ms
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, your command is correct but you are not specifying bitrate, so the default for aac lc is 128K (-b:v 128K).

On the other hand, I don't think it makes sense to convert he-aac to aac lc unless you have compatibility issues, you are loosing some quality since you are converting from one lossy codec to another.

If you want to filter your files by audio codec, you can download this beta version and replace you current .exe file with it. You can search for aac on any file stream and choose to remove them from the list.

Originally Posted by sarksi_yol1 View Post
    Hello i have a bunch of video files that have different audio codecs i want to convert all their audio to AAC im using these parameters: -map 0 -c:v copy -c:a aac
    now some video files already have acc audio is it possible to adjust the parameters somehow to skip the videos that have acc audio codec?
    also is my command right? i tried to convert a video audio from he-acc to acc and it increased the bitrate and size which make no sense here is comparison:
    before:
    Audio
    ID : 2
    Format profile : HE-AAC / LC
    Format settings : Explicit
    Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 32.0 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate : 38.2 kb/s
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz / 24.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 23.438 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Stream size : 5.29 MiB (4%)
    Encoded date : UTC 2010-11-12 20:40:22
    Tagged date : UTC 2010-11-12 20:40:22

after:

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : FF-2
    Bit rate : 128 kb/s
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Stream size : 21.2 MiB (14%)
    Alignment : Split accross interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 21 ms (5.11 video frames)
    Interleave, preload duratio : 2 ms
    Quote Quote  
  16. Little bug: if last number is 0, comma switching to dot. Example: 15,9% -> 16.0%. See this in all program.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Little bug: if last number is 0, comma switching to dot. Example: 15,9% -> 16.0%. See this in all program.
    Thanks for the reporting, hopefully fixed on next release.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    New release with many changes and fixes.

I have switched to a better installer, so product code will change.
    If you update from prior versions you will have two entries at Add/Remove applications.
    Do not uninstall the older one unless you have made a backup of your settings, because that uninstaller removes all aplication configuration with it.

New version 2.1.0

- New feature to filter files by extension, size, bitrate, video or audio codec, frame rate, frame size, metadata, custom strings.
    - New two pass video wizard.
    - Presets wizard additions (to include all streams, stream copy subtitles, vp9 multi-thread).
    - Sort file list by size or status.
    - Bugfixes and proper handling of files from network shares/drives.
    - Automatic network files caching to temp folder before encoding.
    - Batch m3u8 can be used to encode direct download links.
    - View selected file streams.
    - Fixed all issues changing encoding priority.
    - Renewed application installer. New product code.
    - Many other minor enhancements and bugfixes.

Installer:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_2.1.0_x86.exe
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_2.1.0_x64.exe

Portable:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_2.1.0_Portable.exe
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_2.1.0_Portable_x64.exe
    Quote Quote  
  19. this new version seems to be has fixed all the ffmpeg cpu priority issues, with the gui and the task manager. as always, so many thanks for your time spended developing this really useful gui for the ffmpeg encoder. for my needs, it's the best gui so far.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Gr1ng0m4n View Post
    this new version seems to be has fixed all the ffmpeg cpu priority issues, with the gui and the task manager. as always, so many thanks for your time spended developing this really useful gui for the ffmpeg encoder. for my needs, it's the best gui so far.
    Great, I am happy for that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM

New version 2.1.0

- New feature to filter files by extension, size, bitrate, video or audio codec, frame rate, frame size, metadata, custom strings.
    - Presets wizard additions (to include all streams, stream copy subtitles, vp9 multi-thread).
    Thank you for your hard work and valuable output.

I tried the following preset in order to count the total number of frames of a file with a localized (Korean) file name.

Parameters:
    Code:
    -map 0:v:0 -c copy -f null NUL

Since this task does not require an output but a log, I used the 'Try on console' menu.

As a result I found two problems.

1. Localized file names are broken

This is the first line of the log:

Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'D:\Work\?덉떆??2018.mp4':
    The code page of the console is still a localized version, not UTF-8(65001). This causes a broken file name in the log.

I think I pointed out this issue on a ticket but to my disappointment, it is still not fixed.

2. Stream mapping is ignored

I intended to do a job only on the first video stream of the file, but FFmpeg Batch makes ffmpeg encode default video/audio streams regardless of the parameter settings in the preset.

See the following log portion:

Stream mapping:
    Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
    Stream #0:0 -> #1:0 (h264 (native) -> h264 (libx264))
    Stream #0:1 -> #1:1 (aac (native) -> aac (native))
    If this is something you intended, I think it is too much.

(Or in a case like this, do I need to set up the preset in a different way? Please enlighten me.)

So instead of running this job on the 'Try on console' menu, I tried the 'Start sequential' menu, but it only makes things worse.

FFmpeg Batch again tries to encode the file, which is totally uncalled for. I guess excessive stream mapping/encoding is in work here.

Besides, FFmpeg Batch dies after a few seconds leaving Zombie processes (both FFmpeg Batch and ffmpeg processes).

I'd greatly appreciate your answers.
    Last edited by JKyle; 25th Oct 2019 at 15:42.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by JKyle View Post

New version 2.1.0

Thank you for your hard work and valuable output.

I tried the following preset in order to count the total number of frames of a file with a localized (Korean) file name.

Parameters:
    Code:
    -map 0:v:0 -c copy -f null NUL

Since this task does not require an output but a log, I used the 'Try on console' menu.

As a result I found two problems.

1. Localized file names are broken

This is the first line of the log:

Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'D:\Work\?덉떆??2018.mp4':
    The code page of the console is still a localized version, not UTF-8(65001). This causes a broken file name in the log.

I think I pointed out this issue on a ticket but to my disappointment, it is still not fixed.

2. Stream mapping is ignored

I intended to do a job only on the first video stream of the file, but FFmpeg Batch makes ffmpeg encode default video/audio streams regardless of the parameter settings in the preset.

See the following log portion:

Stream mapping:
    Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
    Stream #0:0 -> #1:0 (h264 (native) -> h264 (libx264))
    Stream #0:1 -> #1:1 (aac (native) -> aac (native))
    If this is something you intended, I think it is too much.

(Or in a case like this, do I need to set up the preset in a different way? Please enlighten me.)

So instead of running this job on the 'Try on console' menu, I tried the 'Start sequential' menu, but it only makes things worse.

FFmpeg Batch again tries to encode the file, which is totally uncalled for. I guess excessive stream mapping/encoding is in work here.

Besides, FFmpeg Batch dies after a few seconds leaving Zombie processes (both FFmpeg Batch and ffmpeg processes).

I'd greatly appreciate your answers.
    Hi, I guess that just multiplying the file framerate by duration in seconds is not on the table.

I'm afraid there's not much to do on this specific case. Application is designed to batch encode files loaded on a file list. There, logs there are set to UTF8, no problem with file names. It is not designed for all kind of ffmpeg commands or null output, for the moment it always expects a destination file.

The problem with "Try on console" is that there the output is not utf8, it is actually just the operating system console, so encoding cannot be set there. I don't know how to obtain a utf8 console in order to run commands like ffmpeg.

Regarding stream mapping, I can say that nothing is changed regarding those parameters, they are just sent as written. I don't understand 0:v:0, maybe 0:v is better.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm afraid there's not much to do on this specific case. Application is designed to batch encode files loaded on a file list. There, logs there are set to UTF8, no problem with file names. It is not designed for all kind of ffmpeg commands or null output, for the moment it always expects a destination file.

The problem with "Try on console" is that there the output is not utf8, it is actually just the operating system console, so encoding cannot be set there. I don't know how to obtain a utf8 console in order to run commands like ffmpeg.

Regarding stream mapping, I can say that nothing is changed regarding those parameters, they are just sent as written. I don't understand 0:v:0, maybe 0:v is better.
    I see.

You can get a UTF-8 console by running the following command when calling up a console:

Code:
    %windir%\system32\cmd.exe /k "chcp 65001 >nul"
    That is, change code page to 65001 without reporting the outcome and keep the console window afterwards.

0:v:0 is simply the first video stream of the first input. It is equal to 0:v when there is only one video stream.

Weird thing is, I get no stream mapping error when I run the same command on the console using FFmpeg. Hmm...

Anyway, thank you for the answers.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by JKyle View Post

I see.

You can get a UTF-8 console by running the following command when calling up a console:

Code:
    %windir%\system32\cmd.exe /k "chcp 65001 >nul"
    That is, change code page to 65001 without reporting the outcome and keep the console window afterwards.

0:v:0 is simply the first video stream of the first input. It is equal to 0:v when there is only one video stream.

Weird thing is, I get no stream mapping error when I run the same command on the console using FFmpeg. Hmm...

Anyway, thank you for the answers.
    Thanks for the console suggestion. I have added it to "Try in console" and seems to work fine, I tried with a chinese file name successfully.
    You can try it in this executable:

https://drive.upm.es/index.php/s/DNuQDvr0WfWsTbm/download

Regarding those parameters, I also tried in Sequential processing using 0:v:0 and found no issue. But still testing it, not sure.

I tried "-map 0:v:0 -map 0:a:0 -c:v copy -c:a aac" and worked fine.
    Last edited by Eibol; 26th Oct 2019 at 13:44.
    Quote Quote  
  25. what will be the command line for "copy video and audio channel (2.1 or 5.1) and encode only audio to AAC VBR mode)
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by firekid View Post
    what will be the command line for "copy video and audio channel (2.1 or 5.1) and encode only audio to AAC VBR mode)
    I guess it could be something like:
    Code:
    -c:v copy -c:a aac -vbr 3
    You can use the Wizard to obtain such parameters. If you don't specify channels parameter, source information is used.
    Last edited by Eibol; 7th Dec 2019 at 19:24. Reason: Typo
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Originally Posted by firekid View Post
    what will be the command line for "copy video and audio channel (2.1 or 5.1) and encode only audio to AAC VBR mode)
    I guess it could be something like:
    Code:
    -c:v copy -c:a aac -vbr 3
    You can use the Wizard to obtain such parameters. If you don't specify channels parameter, source information is used.
    audio convert to aac but not vbr. i think it's using source file bitrate. here is the output.

Code:
    Audio
    ID                                       : 2
    Format                                   : AAC LC
    Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
    Codec ID                                 : A_AAC-2
    Duration                                 : 53 min 7 s
    Bit rate                                 : 640 kb/s
    Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
    Channel layout                           : L R C Cb Lb Rb
    Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate                               : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Compression mode                         : Lossy
    Stream size                              : 243 MiB (7%)
    Writing library                          : Lavc58.54.100 aac
    Language                                 : English
    Default                                  : Yes
    Forced                                   : No
    Quote Quote  
  28. Is your source file a Matroska file with track statistic tags? I think maybe the statistic tags (incl. info about the bitrate) from the source file have been copied to the target file thus confusing MediaInfo. (Not sure.)
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    i am trying to concenating files, but the order from the program its wrong, and i need to reorder manually down some files, but this is soooo slow in much files like 80, in the printscreen above i show, please in next update fix this wrong order logic to the logic same windows:
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Eibol,

First, this is a great tool! I will have to add it to my arsenal of tools to edit videos.

What brought me to find your tool in the first place was converting my library of MP3+G over to MP4/MKV. I think this was one of the firsts post on this forum thread. I have found that using the Stream Multiplex works great, but I cannot seem to figure out how to batch up an entire library to convert everything. I was hoping that since the video and audio streams are just in separate files (same name, different extension), we could batch them up easily, but I do not see how to do it in your tool. Is this possible?
    Quote Quote