VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Windows 10 pro 64 bit operating system. After the 1903 update have minor problem. When I start FFmpeg batch and load files and presets then click start sequential, programs does nothing (have waited up to five minutes). If I quite and reload files and present then hitting start, program proceeds normally. Little annoying but will not prevent me from using this great program
    Last edited by modelt; 4th Jun 2019 at 12:31. Reason: correct minor
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by modelt View Post
    Windows 10 pro 64 bit operating system. After the 1903 update have minor problem. When I start FFmpeg batch and load files and presets then click start sequential, programs does nothing
    this happens to me also, but i simple re-click the button another time
    Quote Quote  
  3. Reclicking does not work for me. All buttons are grayed out except Skip and Abort. Clicking the grayed out buttons does nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Do not know why but my problem is no longer occurring. Have used the program twice today without any problems. Will keep an eye on it and inform if it occurs again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Gr1ng0m4n View Post
    Originally Posted by modelt View Post
    Windows 10 pro 64 bit operating system. After the 1903 update have minor problem. When I start FFmpeg batch and load files and presets then click start sequential, programs does nothing
    this happens to me also, but i simple re-click the button another time
    I have this issue on Win7, but "Start sequential" blocking only when used first time. Workaround: after program start i click "ffmpeg console", after that "Start" working ok.
    Looks like problem with GUI.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a way to invoke FFPlay or some sort of preview please? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi i got a problem. I wanted to convert my mpeg-ts videos audio it has the wrong audio. I wanted to convert the audio to ac3 using ffmpeg batch however I am unable to do that on my windows 10 desktop. I used the wizard to create a profile and it when i add the video it starts off ok but after like a 1 minute it stops. Windows 10 saids it completed but it didn't only made like 300mbs out of like 6gbs of the video.

Heres my log I attached it since its long. I hope you can figure out what it means. I got no idea.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Wizard23; 5th Jul 2019 at 16:07.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, your input file shows some errors during ffmpeg parsing that I can't figure out the cause.

Originally Posted by Wizard23 View Post
    Hi i got a problem. I wanted to convert my mpeg-ts videos audio it has the wrong audio. I wanted to convert the audio to ac3 using ffmpeg batch however I am unable to do that on my windows 10 desktop. I used the wizard to create a profile and it when i add the video it starts off ok but after like a 1 minute it stops. Windows 10 saids it completed but it didn't only made like 300mbs out of like 6gbs of the video.

Heres my log I attached it since its long. I hope you can figure out what it means. I got no idea.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Please backup your presets before updating, some uses found their configuration reset to default after upgrading.

New version 1.6.8

- FFmpeg 4.1.4 included.
    - Rename output filed setting is saved.
    - New button to customize relative path.
    - New buttons to move up/down queued items.
    - New button to prevent computer from going to sleep.
    - Added DNxHD / DNxHR to presets wizard.
    - Fixed wizard bug with ProRes not showing video filters.

Installer:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_1.6.8_x86.msi
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_1.6.8_x64.msi

Portable:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_1.6.8_Portable_x86.exe
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_1.6.8_Portable_x64.exe
    Last edited by Eibol; 1st Aug 2019 at 02:24. Reason: Update info
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Please backup your presets before updating, though I could not reproduce the issue, some users report their presets being reset to default after upgrading.
    Last edited by Eibol; 1st Aug 2019 at 02:24. Reason: Update
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, this is sometimes caused because ffmpeg parameters are always tested before real encoding starts, and sometimes this process gets stuck.
    I'm releasing a partial update so this try preset feature can be disabled.

Originally Posted by modelt View Post
    Windows 10 pro 64 bit operating system. After the 1903 update have minor problem. When I start FFmpeg batch and load files and presets then click start sequential, programs does nothing (have waited up to five minutes). If I quite and reload files and present then hitting start, program proceeds normally. Little annoying but will not prevent me from using this great program
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Partial update 1.6.8.1. A full installer version 1.6.8 is required.

Changelog:

- Added option to disable try preset, useful for some random
    issues starting encoding, or having to click twice to start it.
    - Custom relative path is now properly saved.
    - Portable and installed versions now have their own configuration and can coexist on the same computer.

Updater:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_Update_1.6.81_x86.exe
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_Update_1.6.81_x64.exe

Portable:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_1.6.81_Portable.exe
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_1.6.81_Portable_x64.exe
    Last edited by Eibol; 7th Aug 2019 at 05:08. Reason: Typo
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi, i'm trying to swap the audio stream priority. I want another stream to be the priority. When i go on stream multiplex tab, go onto a track file and click default track on another track, the (default) stays on the original track and wont change.
    What am I doing wrong?
    EDIT: I created my own parameters instead of through that tab, i sorted it, thanks!
    Last edited by jmmrly; 23rd Aug 2019 at 12:09.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    New version 1.6.9

- FFmpeg 4.2 included.
    - Faster application startup.
    - Current ffmpeg version displayed.
    - Quickly replace current ffmpeg version.
    - Output path write access validated before encoding starts.
    - Save buttons redesigned to show if there are unsaved settings.

Bugfixes:
    - Shifting items up/down not working after sorting file list.
    - Wrong path displayed on completion or when using right-click menu options.
    - Test folders moved to TEMP path and cleaned up on exit, no more garbage folders.

Installer:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_1.6.9_x86.msi
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_1.6.9_x64.msi

Portable:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_1.6.9_Portable.exe
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_1.6.9_Portable_x64.exe
    Quote Quote  
  15. hello i'm sorry to report so early the first "bug" on this new version, that isnt really a true bug but instead i think a little oversight.

When i open the gui the save button in encoding priority is greyed (non usable) as it should be because i have already saved the "below normal" state. If i switch to "normal" (or any other state except the already saved "below normal") the save button become usable (again as it should be), but if i switch another time to "below normal" without saving precedent selections, the button still are usable, when i think it should be greyed (not usable).

its a little bit hard for me to explain this, i hope you understand...
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, you got me, I noticed such interface inaccuracy when I was about to launch the update, but I preferred to continue so people could quickly obtain the latest features and bugfixes.

Thanks for reporting, It will be fixed on next update.
    Cheers

Originally Posted by Gr1ng0m4n View Post
    hello i'm sorry to report so early the first "bug" on this new version, that isnt really a true bug but instead i think a little oversight.

When i open the gui the save button in encoding priority is greyed (non usable) as it should be because i have already saved the "below normal" state. If i switch to "normal" (or any other state except the already saved "below normal") the save button become usable (again as it should be), but if i switch another time to "below normal" without saving precedent selections, the button still are usable, when i think it should be greyed (not usable).

its a little bit hard for me to explain this, i hope you understand...
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    Hi, you got me, I noticed such interface inaccuracy when I was about to launch the update, but I preferred to continue so people could quickly obtain the latest features and bugfixes.

Thanks for reporting, It will be fixed on next update.
    Cheers
    i really thank you for following my report. in any case, it's just a visual discrepancy that doesnt affect any part of the functionality of this really great tool.
    for me, this is the one and the only real ffmpeg encoding tool, that offer also other useful functions, and that dont is inflated with useless things as many other tools are.
    thanks again for your time spended in developing it
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    New major release with multiple changes following users suggestions, backward compatible with 1.6.X.

New version 2.0.0

- FFmpeg 4.2.1.
    - Redesigned interface and added a new settings panel for better user experience.
    - Presets can be overwritten.
    - Overwriting source files now supported.
    - Avoided output overwriting of two list items with the same filename but different extensions.
    - Source files path can be used and saved as default relative path.
    - Time elapsed displayed during queue processing.
    - Added concatenation video filter option for higher compatibility joining files.
    - Video keyframes report.
    - Automatic faster search for updates on startup.
    - Queue information can now be saved as a .ffq file (FFmpeg Batch queue session file).
    - Queue state is automatically saved. If application is not properly closed user can check when did encoding stopped.
    - Option to enable/disable the creation of log files.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - Fixed multi-file premature completion.
    - Fixed Batch subtitling error when setting stream as default.
    - Refresh list now doing full refresh.

Installer:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_2.0.0_x86.msi
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFbatch_setup_2.0.0_x64.msi

Portable:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_2.0.0_Portable_x86.exe
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/273695/FFmpeg_Batch_2.0.0_Portable_x64.exe
    Quote Quote  
  19. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Hello,

Is there a way - when runing a batch to convert to hevc (using the nvenc), to skip files already encoded hevc/h265? I've been searching for a way to do this via ffmpeg command line but no luck so far.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Right now there's not such feature. I think I may have a way to filter files depending on video stream info. I''ll take It into account for next release.

Originally Posted by mweinmann View Post
    Hello,

Is there a way - when runing a batch to convert to hevc (using the nvenc), to skip files already encoded hevc/h265? I've been searching for a way to do this via ffmpeg command line but no luck so far.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I found a quick workaround to achieve what you need, in this beta executable. Just replace your current FFbatch.exe by this one:

FFmpeg Batch beta 2.0.1

After adding all your video files, switch to stream multiplex tab. It can take some time depending on the number of files, but then you can sort the list by Stream 1, the video stream, so you can easily group the hevc videos and then right-click to remove them before switching to the main tab and start encoding.

Originally Posted by mweinmann View Post
    Hello,

Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi last night i went to convert some mkvs that have true hd audio i used ffmpeg batch to convert the audio to ac3 5.1 Everything went great expect the subtitles got changed. The subtitles in the mkvs are srt format but after using ffmpeg batch the subtites are ass format. Is there anyway for ffmpeg batch to stop converting the subtitles to a different format? 1.6.9 only removed the subtitles but now in 2.0.0 is keeping them but changing the format. Is there something i can do on my end for the program to keep as the subtitles format?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, there should be no change like that in new version, unless new ffmpeg 4.2.1 makes something different I ignore.
    What are the parameters you use to perform such audio stream only conversion?
    If you use something like
    Code:
    -map 0 -c:v copy -c:a ac3 -c:s copy
    subtitles should keep their srt format.

Hi last night i went to convert some mkvs that have true hd audio i used ffmpeg batch to convert the audio to ac3 5.1 Everything went great expect the subtitles got changed. The subtitles in the mkvs are srt format but after using ffmpeg batch the subtites are ass format. Is there anyway for ffmpeg batch to stop converting the subtitles to a different format? 1.6.9 only removed the subtitles but now in 2.0.0 is keeping them but changing the format. Is there something i can do on my end for the program to keep as the subtitles format?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The command you posted is different than what i was using that but some reason ffmpeg is not converting the audio at all. I ended up having to use wizard to create a new command i use is -c:v copy -c:a ac3 -b:a 640K the audio converts the audio with this one but subtitles get changed. Ill give your command a try. Ill let you know how that goes.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Next release will come with and advanced file list filtering feature, to select files by information like, file size, extension, bitrate, audio/video codec, frame rate, frame size.

[Attachment 50381 - Click to enlarge]

Any filtering option you would consider useful?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could you add maybe a two pass option in wizard box for people who don't want to figure how a cold for a two pass if they need to a video by two pass? I would love a two pass like for me when i convert my blu rays to mkvs figuring out a crf for me to figure out a correct one to get right video size on all my videos.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Could you add maybe a two pass option in wizard box for people who don't want to figure how a cold for a two pass if they need to a video by two pass? I would love a two pass like for me when i convert my blu rays to mkvs figuring out a crf for me to figure out a correct one to get right video size on all my videos.
    I'm not fond of two pass encoding for different reasons: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/351065-CRF-vs-2pass-bitrate

On the other hand, using -crf you can get an estimated file size during file processing at total progres bar.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Eibol View Post
    I'm not fond of two pass encoding for different reasons: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/351065-CRF-vs-2pass-bitrate

On the other hand, using -crf you can get an estimated file size during file processing at total progres bar.
    +1 totally agree
    i think that 2 pass encodings are a totally waste of time. a good choice of combination of preset (slow or slower) with any crf lower than the default 23, is all any good quality encoding needs.
    Quote Quote  
  30. I am PLEABS
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, is there anyway to minimize window when pausing the process?, i need to see some info on desktop that i set with program (rainmeter) when i play some OL game (not fullscreen) but FFbatch windows always cover 90% of my screen, clicking "Show desktop" on the right corner will minimize all windows but when i bring up the game FFBatch window will also restored.

about 2 pass it will be lovely if it implemented, because VP9 will deliver a lot better compression with 2 pass compare to single pass (or i miss something on it )
    Quote Quote