VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, dear all.

If I have several files on a PC and I do not want to open all of them and printing one by one, how to proceed?

For images files ( eg: jpg, bmp, png, etc) I can use Irfanview.

Using such program I can use the option Thumbnails and select several files for printing in a single action.

Maybe other image viewers like ACDSee or XnView can do similar things too. I do not have tried any of them yet.

But if I have other files like txt, doc, xls, pdf, rtf, ppt, how to do it properly for such extensions?

Do you know any programs that can make such task easy and direct? Freewares and portables programs are preferred if it's possible.

Thanks for your tips!

Best regards.

devil ( johner)
    Last edited by devilcoelhodog; 1st Dec 2017 at 14:59.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Open printer in control panel. Show print properties window. In Print menu, pause printer. Drag and drop whatever files you want to print; they will be added to the queue. Review your queue. Make sure printer is ready. Un-pause it and stand back...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by devilcoelhodog View Post
    But if I have other files like txt, doc, xls, pdf, rtf, ppt, how to do it properly for such extensions?
    For many of them you can highlight the file(s), right mouse click on one, select Print from the context menu.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hello, dear all.

@ jagabo & raffriff42: Thanks for your help!

For many of them you can highlight the file(s), right mouse click on one, select Print from the context menu.
    Hi. Can I do such action no matter my OS version? I mean, my OS is Windows 7, but this tip work in all Windows versions, including Windows 10?

Thanks again for your advices!

PS: do you know any program that can do such printing job ( for several types of files ) in batch mode?

Best regards.

devil ( johner)
    Quote Quote  
  5. What do you mean by batch printing? Windows maintains a queue of print jobs so you don't explicitly need to batch process. Using the method I gave earlier lets you send many files to the queue at the same time (rubber band highlight all the files, then right click on one, select Print) . If you you mean you want to send a bunch of files to the queue via a batch file you can use the PRINT command.
    Quote Quote