VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I have recently bought a Saumsung 65" 4K TV (UE65MU8000). It's a great TV except that I have video files with 7.1 audio and the TV won't play the sounds on them (video plays fine).

Is there something I can do to make the videos play sound, or convert them? I did try to convert one of them with Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate but after 1 hour of processing it was only 10% of the way through so I cancelled it?

I wonder if streaming from a PC would be an option?

TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1. How are you trying to play them? USB? DLNA?
    2. Post MediaInfo of such a file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If your TV plays the video, why don't you just convert the audio and leave the video untouched? It will be much faster!
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    If your TV plays the video, why don't you just convert the audio and leave the video untouched? It will be much faster!
    Very good idea! - do you know how I'd do this?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    1. How are you trying to play them? USB? DLNA?
    2. Post MediaInfo of such a file.
    I'm playing it over USB.

Here's MediaInfo of the file:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-12-01_16h52_56.png
Views:	452
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	43878
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In worst case you can try to downmix it to 5.1 AC3 audio if Avidemux can read it. Then Copy video, AC3 audio in configure 448kbps in filter set what downmix you want.
    As I say worst case, not sure avidemux will handle source audio, but you can at least try it. Better then nothing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or maybe there are more audiostreams in the mkv which your tv can playback, or you can use to remux
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    In worst case you can try to downmix it to 5.1 AC3 audio if Avidemux can read it. Then Copy video, AC3 audio in configure 448kbps in filter set what downmix you want.
    As I say worst case, not sure avidemux will handle source audio, but you can at least try it. Better then nothing.
    Thanks for the message. I tried Avidemux, it looked promising and it creates a file but there is no audio. The original is 12GB, the dumexed is 8GB. I tried remixing from 5.1, Dolby Pro Logic, and Dolby Pro Logic II - all with the same results.

Are there any similar applications to Avidemux that you know of?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe you can in avidemux from top menu in AUDIO choose save audio (when you have it in copy mode(audio output COPY)) Then try if audacity can export it to some usual format (AAC, AC3). and finaly in mkvtoolnix mux video and audio together.
    Sorry I can't test it, have not this audio format on my PC.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 2nd Dec 2017 at 20:42. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Maybe you can in avidemux from top menu in AUDIO choose save audio (when you have it in copy mode(audio output COPY)) Then try if audacity can export it to some usual format (AAC, AC3). and finaly in mkvtoolnix mux video and audio together.
    Sorry I can't test it, have not this audio format on my PC.

Bernix
    Avidemux isn't able to export the Audio either using the Copy Option or Save Audio from the menu - I don't think it's able to read the 7.1 audio file.

I'll give Audacity a go..
    Quote Quote  
  11. For future reference Handbrake is able to convert from 7.1 to stereo. It can only do audio/video together so I had to convert the video and audio so it took 3 hours for a 2.5 hr movie.

A result! (sort of - I'm still looking for a way to extract the audio..)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try Hybrid. It has ability to copy video. Maybe others also gives you other programs not mentioned in this thread, that is able to copy video.

Edit: Btw you can do very fast video re compression in Handbrake. And then muxed original video file with audio from handbrake file.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 5th Dec 2017 at 16:27. Reason: EDIT
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks Bernix. Hybrid is able to create an audio copy of the sound which I'm going to combine with the original video. Thanks again!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    in fact in Hybrid, you can pass through video. It means resulted file will have untouched video with processed audio. So you can skip muxing step.
    Sorry to inform you late, but someone could also told you this.
    Glad it works.

Bernix
    Quote Quote