VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!

I extracted mkv video file through MKVExtractGUI2 unfortunately i am muxing/demultiplexing the extracted files but files are not muxed/merged properly. Can anyone advice how can i re-merge the extracted files to playable MKV video.

Note: Mkvmerge is not opening running in dos mode and then closed

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. "mkvmerge.exe" is a command-line application. If you want a GUI run "mkvtoolnix-gui.exe".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello

Thanks for the reply, i have tried the same unfortunately mkv merged files not merged properly and video file is not playing/corrupted. May be i don't know the real procedure how to muxed the extracted mkv files to a single mkv video.

Please advise and guide.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. We need more info. Sample files, what exactly you do and what exactly happens instead of what you expected.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In Mkvtoolnix open your first file. In top window (source files), where is first part of video, right click on the file and select append. 3rd part click on second part and append 3rd part. Repeat it till or your files are appended. Then click on Start multiplexing. That should be all.
    Or you can open first mkv in Avidemux, then File/append and select second file, File/append 3rd file etc. Copy video, copy audio, and output format on mkv. Then save as type in filename whatever you want and then click on save. It should also merge files together.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  6. First I Appreciate your support, actually there is single mkv extracted video file and extracted video, audio and subtitle file. I want to multiplex all these extracted files again but unfortunately in Mkvtoolnix multiplexing is not done successfully in all attempts. Multiplexed file not played properly or corrupted.

Advise!

Regards,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So your step by step looks like:
    1. Drag video file to source files window.
    2. Click on this file and choose + Add files
    3. Open your audio file
    4. Repeat step 2 and open subtitle file
    I think it can be also simply done by dragging, but I don't know, how you have setup your multiplexer in preferences.

Then start multiplexing and everything should be fine, if all file fits (audio is long as video etc.)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks for the guide, i tried step by step as mentioned earlier unfortunately result was the same. Multiplexed file not multiplexed properly only 5 seconds video multiplexed and video not played properly like a corrupt video file. I have default multiplexer preferences not any special ones.
    Quote Quote  
  9. What other things are you doing? or what are you not telling us ?

Why would you demux then remux the streams ? Why not just do nothing and keep the original ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm not doing any other things, i followed your steps but result was the same.
    Quote Quote