VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What is the best editor to edit dash cam footage. It would only be simple things like cutting/joining/ brightening/contrast and maybe adding text so don't want to go through vegas
    The files produced are Audio Video Interleave

Here is a sample of the files produced
    General
    Complete name : C:\Users\sample.AVI
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 277 MiB
    Duration : 2 min 1 s
    Overall bit rate : 19.2 Mb/s

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : JPEG
    Codec ID : MJPG
    Bit rate : 18.1 Mb/s
    Width : 1 280 pixels
    Height : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.656
    Stream size : 262 MiB (95%)

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : PCM
    Format settings, Endianness : Little
    Format settings, Sign : Signed
    Codec ID : 1
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 512 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Sampling rate : 32.0 kHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 7.39 MiB (3%)
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 1000 ms (30.00 video frames)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    AVIDemux would be one possibility. Or if you need more features, VirtualDub FilterMod.
    What formats would you want to convert them to? Not sure how either handle MJPG.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    AVIDemux would be one possibility. Or if you need more features, VirtualDub FilterMod.
    What formats would you want to convert them to? Not sure how either handle MJPG.
    Don't really need to convert at all. Just basic edit cut/join/brighten.contrast
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    With brightness and contrast....you will be re-encoding.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Be wary of that 32.0 kHz audio too.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    With brightness and contrast....you will be re-encoding.
    Ok didn't know that.
    What formats would you want to convert them to?
    They are 720HD. Want to keep quality not sure what you mean by format do you mean container
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    I will not use sound because it would be recording the car radio or pssenger talking but am curious why the audio may be an issue
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sounds View Post
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    I will not use sound because it would be recording the car radio or pssenger talking but am curious why the audio may be an issue
    Because it's a weird 32khz instead of a more standard 44.1khz(CD Audio) and 48khz(TV/DVD Audio). Seems like they did this as a way to cut down on the overall bitrate by sampling the mono audio less per second. As long as the decoder decodes it at the right sampling rate then there should be no real problem with playback or encoding it to something like MP3/AAC. But encoding it to a higher sampling rate might cause some slight losses as resampling is never perfect.
    Last edited by KarMa; 27th Nov 2017 at 17:38.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Because it's a weird 32khz instead of a more standard 44.1khz(CD Audio) and 48khz(TV/DVD Audio). Seems like they did this as a way to cut down on the overall bitrate by sampling the mono audio less per second. As long as the decoder decodes it at the right sampling rate then there should be no real problem with playback or encoding it to something like MP3/AAC. But encoding it to a higher sampling rate might cause some slight losses as resampling is never perfect.
    Thanks for the explanation
    Quote Quote  
  10. I am trialling wondershare video converter ultimate. I saw on another thread wondershare products are not recommended here. Why is that? Is there adware or spyware? I got no alerts
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trialling wondershare video converter ultimate. I saw on another thread wondershare products are not recommended here. Why is that? Is there adware or spyware? I got no alerts
    The company promotes its products by spamming forums and using other underhanded tactics and operates under several different brand names. They have also been accused of using freeware in their product without abiding by the license.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I am trialling wondershare video converter ultimate. I saw on another thread wondershare products are not recommended here. Why is that? Is there adware or spyware? I got no alerts
    The company promotes its products by spamming forums and using other underhanded tactics and operates under several different brand names. They have also been accused of using freeware in their product without abiding by the license.
    OK i didn't know about the spam or use of freeware without abiding by license. But i think they also produce aimersoft video converter?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But i think they also produce aimersoft video converter?
    Yes, as I recall, that is another of their brand names, and the software may be the same as Wondershare's under the hood, but with a cosmetically different UI.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  14. The one i have seen the GUI is very similar. They also make photorec
    Quote Quote