VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi.
    my friends lg tv bundled a hard disk with some uhd movies. this is a folder of big movie:
    audio.mlkv video.mkv Big.dps subtitle_A.smi subtitle_B.smi

but vlc cannot play it correctly.
    Is there any way to play It or remuex it?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    what does it mean correctly ? It plays the file and some part is missing, or it refuse all tracks?
    Usually nowadays TV has function for PVR but recording can be played only at current tv.
    You can try use Mkvtoolnix to get them together in one file. But if not playable in VLC i doubt about it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The bundled videos are encrypted. They will only play on the TV.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks,
    Vlc play it, but only a gray box.
    mkv extract cannot demux it.
    Is there any way to decrypt this 4 movies?
    Tnank you all
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is not directly related to this, but even if you buy same model of TV, there isn't guarantee that you will be able play these files. Some TVs or Set top boxes recorded videos can be played just in genuine TV STB that recorded video. Genuine I mean serial number of device. But since I don't search for it, I don't know if is this situation rare or almost in all cases. Therefore when I will buy STB with HEVC (DVB-T2) I will buy model, that supports editing recorded program in PC (not encrypted).
    What I'm try to say is. Check if the recording of your device is encrypted. If so, you can keep recordings on HDD.The recordings becomes after 3-4 years (when TV gone) useless (in case you burned them, all dvd blu-ray media become garbage). HDD you can format and recording again with new TV. But of course your TV gone, recordings gone with it also.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 28th Nov 2017 at 07:54.
    Quote Quote