VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    OK, so I read through some of the stickies but to be honest its a bit overwhelming because I am not sure where I need to start or what method will actually work. To preface I just downloaded Subtitle Edit and have spent the last hour trying to self teach but I am lost. I have MKVToolNIX and MKVExtractor and have used those to remux extra audio languages out for HDD space saving but I have never messed with subtitles. Here is my situation. One of my fav animes had a two episode release special a little while ago. However, there were two formats for the two episode special released at the time. So in one format they just dropped E109 and E110 as two separate files and just released them at the same time and in another format those two episodes were joined together into one broadcast. The difference is that the single broadcast version had 1min additional footage and dialogue at the end of E109 that was not included in the separate episode releases. So now I have three files and two languages. I have E109 (File A) and E110 (File B) in English and I have the combined broadcast (File C) with the extra 1min of footage in French. What I am trying to do is take the English subs from file A & B and replace the French subs in file C while giving me the ability to also manually add in the English subs for the missing dialogue in file C. The missing footage is all located in one spot so there would just be a gap between the subs of A & B that would need to be filled in. Any help would be amazing. Thank you in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use MKVCleaver to extract the subtitles for A, B and C.

In C find the start and end time code corresponding to subtitles in B and synchronize in Subtitle Edit (SE) with Point Sync.
    In Subtitle Edit cut out the 1 min extra footage and save the subtitles as a separate file (D)
    Open A in SE. Use Tool -> Append subtitle to add D and B. Highlight the D part Right click -> Google translate selected lines and make manual corrections.

Mux the result with video C in MKVToolnix.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I am walking out the door now but I will attempt this when I return! Thank you!
    Quote Quote