VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Sorry for someway making the same question in diferent forum sections, but I' don't know if its some kind of authoring/muxing problema or maybe a códec managing technique.

The original thread is here: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/385843-Judder-and-fps-jumps-Yamaha-BD477S

The problem: Some fps drops and fps jumps while playback with violent camera view changes or low movement/contrast changes. The initial solution cames from recoding movie with BDTOAVCHD, but I don't want to do that because video sources are MKV BDREMUX or full bluray versions with optimal quality

But now, I was wondering if I could manually change the m2ts files video flags in order to have these bluray working all right

Elysium Recoded -- NO problems

Elysium just Muxed with -- TSMUXER PROBLEMS

EDIT: Here the info reported by MPC when playing original BluRay Ender's Game:

Last edited by cybplanet; 20th Nov 2017 at 12:52. Reason: Add info
    Quote Quote  
  2. There are a dedicated tools like eac3to.exe - demuxing tracks properly, then you can mux them using MKVmerge to get MKV or change audio into AAC and use MP4Box to get MP4.

Or use user friendly MakeMKV.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    There are a dedicated tools like eac3to.exe - demuxing tracks properly, then you can mux them using MKVmerge to get MKV or change audio into AAC and use MP4Box to get MP4.

Or use user friendly MakeMKV.
    Thank you Al. I'll test.

Reading, I've seen this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reference_frame_(video)

Code:
    When decoding, reference frames must be stored in memory until they are no longer needed for further decoding. This can considerably raise the memory usage of the decoder for videos with large numbers of reference frames. The use of several reference frames also decreases locality of reference, which might cause a speed impact. Stand-alone players that can play AVC/MKV files off of recorded DVDs or USB sticks cannot handle the full 16 REF frames.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't think that has anything to do with it, that's some reference for encoding.

When you take m2ts from BD and try to play it or just remux it with tsMuxer it just might not work or there are glitches as you described. Sometimes it just struggles to play fluently etc.
    I never try to understand why. If tsMuxer worked 100%, I'd definitely used it too. But that proper demux seams to be a key. And think of it, by demuxing you basically copying those tracks to hardisk. Which you should do anyway. You are not loosing much time doing that. Final muxing takes a minimum time.
    Last edited by _Al_; 20th Nov 2017 at 17:30.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you, Al, I'm on it, that's because I'm late to tell you: Thank you very MUCH, outstanding! It works!

But canot avoid the question: WHY? What's the difference between the demuxing process of the tsmuxer to build the BDMV folders and the MKV demuxing of eac3?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Looks like it just demuxes tracks properly. Fixes gaps, delays, audio related problems that give problem when muxed again into a container or other hidden booby traps in those tracks that the author knows about. It is simply very well written, just for that purpose.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You know? Some previously demuxed MKV that fitted onto a BD25 disc, with the known bad playback results, now DO NOT fit onto BD25 because of a very few megabytes count increase. It's incredible, tsmuxer did not demux the full video track. It lacked some data in the process. I never noticed subs or audio troubles but video did.
    Quote Quote