VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have some UHD HDR movies (seem to be the only ones available in UHD) that are in x265/HEVC. I need to transcode to x264 (hardware not fast enough for HEVC) and I also need to make them non-HDR as my UHD TV isn't HDR and my players (PC, Android and the TV itself) show the videos as very washed out with barely any colour.

I've been using handbrake to transcode HEVC to x264 but I'm not sure of the best way to do this, can anyone advise?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can use Avidemux, and in filters play with colors. You can achieve good result I think. There is Avisynth color filter, chroma shift, contrast some equalizers and some other filters too.
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mmace View Post
    I have some UHD HDR movies (seem to be the only ones available in UHD) that are in x265/HEVC. I need to transcode to x264 (hardware not fast enough for HEVC) and I also need to make them non-HDR as my UHD TV isn't HDR and my players (PC, Android and the TV itself) show the videos as very washed out with barely any colour.

I've been using handbrake to transcode HEVC to x264 but I'm not sure of the best way to do this, can anyone advise?

Thank you
    Someone else asked a similar question not long ago. You might find it interesting to read the thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/385584-Converting-UHD-HDR-to-SDR
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote