VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I download SubRip version 1.56.1.7 as well as earlier versions from about 10 different sites. After extracting the files, I see that the program has no executable to launch it! Anybody know how to bring up the GUI?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Even from archive I can run it running Subrip.exe.
    [Attachment 43790 - Click to enlarge]

I think the 7 at the end of version is part of 7z extension.
    Last edited by Bernix; 19th Nov 2017 at 14:48.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You must have downloaded your copy a while ago. As I said, the executable file has been removed from all downloads on the Internet. Maybe Google has banned the app.

The copy offered by VideoHelp excludes the *.exe file in the package, making the download useless.

If you know of a site that still includes the executable file, please share. Maybe you are willing to send me a copy of yours?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Djard View Post

The copy offered by VideoHelp excludes the *.exe file in the package, making the download useless.
    Nonsense. I just downloaded the same one you're whining about from here and the EXE is included.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SubRip.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	43800  

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Djard View Post
    You must have downloaded your copy a while ago. As I said, the executable file has been removed from all downloads on the Internet. Maybe Google has banned the app.

If you know of a site that still includes the executable file, please share. Maybe you are willing to send me a copy of yours?
    You probably have file extensions hidden. Make sure the "Hide extensions for known file types" box is unchecked.

BTW, Google has zero to do with deletion or modification of content on any website. Would be really scary if they were able to do that!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I download SubRip version 1.56.1.7
    I think the problem is somehow related to version mentioned. The 7 is part of extension 7z. There is not such version. Open it with 7zip or with any program. But even I rename it to 1.56.1.7.zip, it is opened without problem.
    Downloaded here on Videohelp.com
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  7. Nonsense...whining? Why are you rude to me, manono? Do I owe you an apology? If so, I meant no offense.

I have set hidden system files and extensions as all visible, and my decompression software extracts all the files properly, except "SubRip.exe." I have never experienced such a problem. Strange, because my Desktop PC reads and runs other executable files just fine.

Anyway, I downloaded the app with the executable by using my laptop. Thanks for kindly offering suggestions.
    Quote Quote