VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ive been thinking for a while about building a new pc, and i want to be playing the latest games but i have a few to catch up on from the last couple of years first, i was looking at the am3+ fx processors - 6300 and upwards, but ive noticed the new am4 processors the a2/4/6/8/10/12, so i was thinking about a8/10/12, so i was wondering if anyone has any of these processors, are they better than the am3+ fx processors and are they good enough to be playing the latest games or do i need to be looking at the ryzen 3/5/7 processors.

thanks in advance for any help and info
    Last edited by adamf154; 19th Nov 2017 at 05:22.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, are you wanting an APU like you mentioned. Which is a graphics card combined with the CPU, so you don't have to buy a separate GPU. These are usually good for small computers that you want to build cheaply and do simpler tasks. Like a media center or a low end gaming computer.

I currently have a FX-6300 on a compatible MOBO and would not recommend the FX line anymore in the age of Ryzen. Not only will you have to pay ~$100 for an outdated chip but also $50-$100 on an outdated MOBO. If I were you, I'd be looking at the Ryzen 1600, 1600x, or the 1700. The 1600x is just an overclocked 1600, so if you are into overclocking you can get the 1600 and do it manually, or have it preset from the factory with the 1600x. The 1700 simply comes with 8 cores instead of 6.
    Quote Quote