VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Used MKVCutter and MKVToolNix to try and cut a few second section so I could convert to GIF. I used keyframe before where I wanted to cut and second keyframe after since it's easier to edit out extra frames in GIF. I keep getting corrupt video that looks like 4 video (like the security video footage) and in acid-tripping mess of color. I tried going back additional keyframe for the start, I get same messed up result.

https://youtu.be/32k_6y7cZuU is what I get.

The original video plays fine in MPC-HC and VLC. The preview in MKVCutter and such shows normal video so it appears to me something is getting broke when I cut the video. Any idea or suggestion? Video to GIF I've used don't like dealing with 90-minutes long video and Photoshop only works with the first 500 frames. I haven't tried online EZGIF site since my upload is capped at anemic 64Kb/sec and it would take me a day or 2 to upload the 1GB video file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Be sure you are cutting BEFORE the keyframe of what you wish to retain. Different players, editors will vary on which is a keyframe and some count from 0 and editor may count from 1. Also filters such as trim have their own counting system if you use them.

This looks like the absence of a starting keyframe in an mp4 container. I have had good luck using AVIsynth:

Code:
    FFmpegSource2("C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\[dp]Manjandani-1.mp4", atrack=-1).Crop(0,0,-0,-0).LanczosResize(720,304)
    ScriptClip(Last, """Subtitle("[ "+Chr(FFPICT_TYPE)+" ]", size=(Height*56.0/720), align=2)""", after_frame=true)
    Subtitle("C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\[dp]Manjandani-1.mp4", x=720, y=324, font="Arial", size=24, text_color=$ff0000, align=3)
    Subtitle("This is Anamorphic video", font="Arial", size=24, text_color=$ff0000, align=5)
    ShowFrameNumber(scroll=true, x=10, y=27, font="Arial", size=24, text_color=$ff0000)
    ShowTime(x=72, y=44, font="Arial", size=24, text_color=$ff0000)
    ShowSMPTE(fps=23.976, x=68, y=61, font="Arial", size=24, text_color=$ff0000)
    [Attachment 43774 - Click to enlarge]

In this case I make sure frame 86 is the first frame of my retained clip and so far it has worked..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try Avidemux, which is not only a free video ripper but also a joining program. When using it, you should look for supported formats such as MKV, OGM, AVI, FLV, MP4 as well as MPG.
    Quote Quote