VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

can you tell me how to change/replace a single subtitle image in a PGS or in a VobSub Subtitle File?

I have one single incorrect subtitle image on a BluRay which i want to change through a correct one.

First, i have to get the correct subtitle image out of the PGS (.sup) or the VobSub (.sub). Can you tell me how to? Then, i have to replace this image with the incorrect one. But I don't know how. Googled enough but hadn't found a tool or anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    in Subtitle edit import File/importOCR Blu-ray (.sup) file. Then perform OCR with grammar check. Then you have text. Correct it and export it as sup???
    I hope it will works for you. If you start with sup file...

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. No, that does not work. I want to keep the style of the PGS.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 43728 - Click to enlarge]

What is wrong with style, there is plenty of option. Or you can export them as PNG and work with each separately. If is it worth of it.
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  5. What is the name of the programm? Saving as png sounds like a step in the right direction.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure about step in right direction. Subtitle edit. And export as BDN xml/png

EDIT: maybe yes, there is also option Import images. Even import timecodes, which can be in XML format, so I suppose it is in Exported XML.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 13th Nov 2017 at 15:16. Reason: EDIT
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Gregostus View Post
    First, i have to get the correct subtitle image out of the PGS (.sup) or the VobSub (.sub). Can you tell me how to? Then, i have to replace this image with the incorrect one.
    DVDSubEdit can both extract the subtitle from the DVD (not from VobSubs) as a BMP and then after you edit it, put it back in. This is for DVD SUP files. I don't know about Blu-Rays. Here's the guide for this:

http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/UserManual/helpfile.htm

Scroll down to Section 4.
    Last edited by manono; 13th Nov 2017 at 21:16.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You can do it with either BDSup2Sub or Subtitle Edit. For PGS:

In BDSup2Sub drop the .sup file onto it. Export as XML/PNG. Edit the PNG in question. Drop the XML onto BDSup2Sub and export as SUP(BD)

Similar in Subtitle Edit. File -> Import Blu-ray (Sup). In the OCR window Right click -> Export -> BDN xml/png. Edit the png and open the xml.

[Attachment 43730 - Click to enlarge]

You can do the same for vobsub.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thank you videobruger, that is exactly what i wanted to do. This is my standard tool for subtitles, but I've never found out this option.
    Quote Quote